Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Community Shield

Wenger told yesterday they would have basically played.

Koscielny is suspended for the next 2 games so I’m surprised that he isn’t involved.

Not yersterday…

https://twitter.com/jeorgebird/status/893836218315702276

We’ll win this one.

But we’ll lose against Leicester on Friday.

1 Like

But we won the Community Shield so who cares if we drop 3 points in the significantly more important Premier League.

A cheeky ‘lol’ from me at those who value this one as a trophy :speak_no_evil: Just look at Wenger’s valuation of it, compared to some extra prep time for Leicester :laughing:

League Cup >>>>>>>>>>> this

8 Likes

Would definitely prefer to protect our key players for the league. It is another good practice run with Kosc out for 1st game. But I don’t understand Kolasinac on the bench. It would be nice to win, but a win here means nothing. I want to start the league well.

I just think (and this is more for the match thread v Leicester) that they’re massively overdue a win against us. We tend to be losing records against those who we hold a “monkey sign” over.

Couple this to the fact that it’s a home game, first game of the season and, I dunno, it just doesn’t fill me with confidence

Except Ozil, Alexis, Ramsey etc aren’t ready… Never played a team stronger than that in League Cup in recent years :roll_eyes:

Since this is an official FA certified cup final with a bonafide piece of silver plated steel up for grabs, MDC is open

http://craigduarte.co.uk/mdc/

3 Likes

Get the back 3 familiar again. Makes sense.

:poldi:

If the game were of particular importance, one or more of these would at least make the bench. Koscielny would be involved. Our best player Wally Walcott would be starting naturally. :speak_no_evil:

Forgot to lock it :eyes:

Conte couldn’t even be bothered to wear a suit. Shows how much he truly values this game.

Opened.

Hahahahaha FUCK COCKS CHELSEA!!!

2 Likes

A truly deserved win. We should have killed it in the first half. Elneny, Xhaka, Kolasinac and Welbeck were all great.

Yet another trophy won at Tottenham’s ground.

8 Likes