Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Community Shield

Sunday August 6th, 2017. 14:00 (6am pst) Wembley.

Our first chance to capture silverware this season, the first of our treble we’ll be winning no doubt. Chelsea will be without Morata supposedly, however Costa is still a part of their side. I doubt he will play though. Sanchez is supposedly trying to make himself available for this match as well, I think we’ll have a good shot at winning this.

------------------------Cech--------------------
Kosh----------------Mert-----------Nacho
Ox-----Xhaka-----Ramsey----Seakol
------------Özil--------------Sanchez-------
---------------------Walcott------------------

Just a side note, the FA has deemed this match so important that they’ve cleared Kosh to play, even though he’s supposed to be serving the other 2 games of his 3 match ban. They’ve postponed his ban until the start of the regular season.

• Arsenal win
  • Chelsea win

0 voters

1 Like

No it isn’t. This is a friendly fixture.

1 Like

walcott will never be used as a centre forward again so that lineup will never happen, dunno what your wankfest is as regards walcott but he will not be relied upon EVER as a striker, heck he is barely making the squad most times he is a benchwarmer at best now.

1 Like

Also I’ve read the FA deem this match to be twice as important as any regular season match so they’ve doubled the normal amount of subs each team can make to 6.

4 Likes

Not according to the English football assosciation.

1 Like

Walcott up front :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

The only time the CS has any importance is when I’m playing FM with a 100% pre-season record. :laca:

2 Likes

6 substitutions and barely fit teams? Sounds exactly like a pre-season fixture to me.

:mustafi:

3 Likes

He is in full trolling mode. Put Giroud upfront at least :laca:

He is just trolling us. Remember when he was sure we were gonna win the league? :xhaka:

This will sound rude so I apologise because it isn’t said with rude connotations, but I couldn’t give a toss what it sounds, like in all honesty.

It isn’t a friendly, it isn’t a glorified friendly, it isn’t anything other than its own unique tournament, in a Supercup format which falls under the wonderful umbrella of being an official FA honour.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte affirmed the significance of the cup, stating “It is not a friendly game. It is an official game and there is a trophy so for us it must be important”

3 Likes

I deem it a fair bit more important than that thing we won in Asia (can’t even remember the name) or the Emirates Cup. Perhaps moreso because it is right before the season and it’s against the best team in the league, so a solid marker. Both will be at full strength lineup I guess, availability permitting.

That said, I neither care too much about a win here, nor mind about defeat (even against the chavs). I happily gave up my guaranteed ticket to this last time vs Man City and have done so again

1 Like

Some people class it as a friendly some class it as a cup final. Who cares. At the end of the day it’s a meaningless plate. I want to win and looking forward to the match but if we lose unlike the FA Cup final no one will really give a fuck

I just don’t understand how people can downplay their clubs achievements so willy nilly. We’ve been hugely successful and been able to beat some hated clubs in this competition over the last 4 years. Also just being a competitve person, I can’t understand not giving a fuck about losing to a hated rival. If Conte beat Wenger in a ping pong match I’d be furious much less a match played at Wembley with a piece of silverware on the line ffs. Weak ass mentality of our fan base is infuriating…im so triggered rt now.

Hope we win this friendly.

1 Like

This game is completely irrelevant in the sense that regardless of how well we play we will drop points on the opening day regardless.

3 Likes

It’s defined as a non-competitive preseason game - hence why Koscielny is allowed to play and why if you are sent off in this fixture you do not receive a ban, e.g. Ivanovic in 2013.

It’ll be nice to win, especially given it’s Chelsea we’re playing, but ultimately it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

This match is on Sunday afternoon (6th), not Tuesday afternoon (8th)

1 Like

Thanks it’s fixed now, that was a typo for sure.

1 Like