Arsenal v Stoke (Premier League)

Stoke choked, Arsenal woke, Oezil…Great bloke.

Always nice to get one over on these lot. 3-1 with 3 quality goals, Job done. Onto the next against struggling Everton.

Scoring goals for fun… why is no one thinking we can challenge for the title?

2 Likes

You’ve seen Arsenal in previous seasons right?

10 Likes

We played well in the 2nd half and very poorly for the majority of the first half. You always felt that Stoke could trouble us defensively and it will be interesting to see how we cope with the likely absence of Mustafi in the coming month.

How’d we play? With the hangover I’ve got going right now could’ve used some MDC/Arsenal today…fucking discriminative CraigDuarteMDC/slow ass vodafone hurry the fuck up and get to my new flat and install the shit you cunts.

1 Like

This is a different team and in the league haven’t lost since the first day. And we finally have a world class striker, it’s a big difference compared to other seasons.

1 Like

I’ll be ready to tag you when this season turns out to not be completely different from previous seasons. Hopefully you’ll be the one tagging me when we have won the league. Seems very unlikely though.

8 Likes

We still have only won one of 4 matches against the current top 6 and don’t look totally sound defensively ( probably need to keep a few more clean sheets) We have been a lot more clinical than previous seasons which is a massive + though.

1 Like

We are third best defensively; and currently best offensively

Good game, pleasingly similar to the one against Bournemouth. I don’t mind if we start out kind of shit against lower ranked opposition at home and end up blowing them away every time, I’ll take 3-1 every time. The Mustafi injury is definitely worrying though. I guess Gabriel should come in for him, but he definitely has his flaws. For a couple matches I think Wenger might be tempted to put Holding in as well. In either case I worry that our defensive stability will definitely take a hit, and it wasn’t exactly rock solid till now either.

1 Like

I can tag the entire forum, I’m the only one that believes we can win it. Others are too negative on past experiences where we were relying on average players. In this squad I don’t see a weakness.

1 Like

Never. And ill always forget to reopen them too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Offensively I see your point, but are you as confident about midfield and defense? We appear to have some solid depth, which is why we’ve chugged along despite injuries to key players like Per and Santi, but say we lose another one or two players in either of those areas. We could definitely hit a tight spot with fixtures piling up between now and new years.

1 Like

And yet this doesn’t cause you to pause for even a minute…

1 Like

Solid performance. We definitely have nothing to complain about at the moment - as long as Mustafi’s injury is nothing serious.

Top of the league! :poldi:

Edit: oops just seen Mustafi is out until January. Not ideal!

Like I said there was a time last season we were playing the likes of Ramsey, Flamini, Mertesacker, Giroud, Campbell every week, can’t expect to win the league with that. Now it’s Xhaka, Coquelin, Mustafi, Alexis, Ox in their positions and it’s been much better. We’re top also, I can promise this wont be similar to other seasons.

1 Like

Couldn’t have asked for more live! We reacted like a big team to their goal. Coquelin was just amazing in the way he intercepted the ball. He’s my MoTM.

17 Likes

GFI on AFTV: “Charlie Adam is a fucking haggis” :wink:

6 Likes

Can anybody post me some videos of the goals? (Just saw the Mesut one thanks to @Persona) in the Özil thread.

1 Like