Arsenal v Southampton (EFL Cup)

Fair enough to a point. Chelsea played Liverpool in the semis 2 years ago and won it.
They also went on to win the league that season as well.

1 Like

If your good enough it wont make a difference basically, in the invincibleā€™s season we played a 2 legged league cup semi final in January.

1 Like

City won it and the league the season before chelsea too.

If you were going to pick a game to lose itā€™d be that one but itā€™s still frustrating to break our unbeaten run in that manner. No matter the competition you should always be trying to win and it just didnā€™t seem like we tried to do that. The 0-2 scoreline actually flatters us!

Nah I would have preferred to lose the Basle game 2-0 next Wednesday night if we got choice to win one and lose one of those 2.

1 Like

What if by some miracle Ludogorets get something v PSG though? I know itā€™s unlikely but more surprising things have happened.

Not that difficult, as Ludogorets can still qualify to the E.L.

Yeah they can but PSG will want top spot and likely win the game by 3-4 goals lets be serious here.

But Ludogorets want to qualify to the E.L. so they might get something out of the game. Unlikely, but not so out of sight.

I know Ludogorets want to qualify for the EL, Im sure they wanted to qualify for the round of 16 of the CL on match day 1 alsoā€¦ but to put it simply PSG are 5 times the football side and likely win this in a canter.

I put it simple: we have a very slim chance to finish top. Slim doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t have it. Ok now?

Yeah we have about a 5% chance to top the group. Taking all that into account I still would have chosen to win last night over the Basel game if it was a choice of winning one and losing one.

There are 4 teams who have won the League Cup and the Premier League since 2000. United got to the final in 2003 and won it 2010 and won the Premier League in 2003 and got to the CL final in 2010, Going far in the League Cup doesnā€™t exclude winning or going far in the Premier League/Champions League.

1 Like

Well, they are third right now so they donā€™t necessarily need anything from the game. As long as they match Baselā€™s result theyā€™re through.

If Basel were to beat us they would have to step up their game.

FA cup is a nothing cup but Grr
Grrr
Grrrr
GRRRR

Why did we go to of League cup? Grrrr

Arsenal fucking fans.

1 Like

FA Cup is not a nothing cup. FA Cup is no proper indication of progress.

1 Like

Well, if Basel beat us our chances to top PSG would be gone too lol

Their best bet may just be for us to do our job as PSG will go for the win too.

Iā€™ll repeat what I posted earlier:

ā€œStill, being indifferent about elimination and angry at the under-performance need not be mutually exclusive.ā€

We can all think that this trophy is a nothing competition but still be annoyed by the manner of our exit/performance.

Why donā€™t you at least attempt to make an interesting contribution instead of your boring, mocking and unfunny post?

Grrr Grrrr

If you donā€™t give a fuck about competition, then itā€™s quite rich to give a fuck about performance.

People want it both ways - be meh about the competition but remain angry at everything.

2 Likes