Arsenal v Southampton (EFL Cup)

This predominately our back up lineup vs Southampton’s back up lineup for the most part, so what does that tell you ?

2 Likes

Booing at halftime.
Another Wenger fuck up .

2 Likes

I do wish we prioritised this tournament a little more. While it’s great to give fringe players a run out, it’s also great to maintain momentum and win trophies.

Not that anyone would ever boast about winning this particular one, but as I mentioned earlier, we don’t win enough to decide this is too small to take seriously.

6 Likes

Wenger hasn’t got a clue

1 Like

Considering Özil was rested by Germany he should be on the bench.

The partnership of Coq/Elneny needs to die by a thousand cuts you get close to zero from those two in a pivot.

Overall though the boys haven’t turned up which is a joke considering we’re at home in a cup game.

2 Likes

The EFL cup is an interesting cup since the quarter finals. After that, if you reach the semifinals, you are costricted to play NINE GAMES in only one month (January). No thanks, this cup was, is and will remain useless for me (and for her founder).

What a load of shite. I’m gonna watch the second half and be even more frustrated.

2 Likes

If we actually won the occasional League title then I’d agree with you but considering we don’t every trophy matters to us wether we like it or not.

2 Likes

“shrugs”

I wouldn’t mind if we were playing well, but the players don’t look like they give a crap!

And Jenks, bless him, if I had 3 wishes I’d use one on making him a better footballer.

2 Likes

2nd half has started much better. I am confident we can get two back.

Edit: Martinez is having a seriously poor game.

Fucking spot on fella

Southampton should be 5-0 up honestly.

I am quite impressed with a few moments of link up play. It’s certainly not been a commanding or memorable performance, but Coquelin looks to be adding a little more to his game and ReneAdelaide looks like he can actually skin people for fun.

A shame about the score but it’s fairly evident that we never play the competition with the intention of winning it, so the result is of little importance, sadly.

No Maxi you can fuck off with this. Read to many of your posts banging on about community shields to take this seriously.
Chelsea and city won the last 2 tournaments. Good enough for them . . .

7 Likes

I’ve said it in MDC. This result will not have any influence on how our season is going to end anyway. This is just a terrible performance.

1 Like

I feel like virtually every player on the arsenal team either has the same faded haircut or an afro of something description.

Also, wow our defending :smile:

Maitland-Niles and Xhaka have looked good from when they came on. Iwobi lively. Everything else a pile of poop.

2 Likes

What a save from Martinez

The thing is it’s not even about how highly you value the EFL Cup, It’s about how that 11 we sent out performing disgustingly below expectations.

6 Likes