Arsenal v Crystal Palace (Premier League)

Element and iWork? ^ :joy:

3 Likes

Can’t even enjoy a good win we have to play again in less than 48 hours! The games are coming thick and fast!

OK so, there’s no good way to say this so I’m just gonna come out with it. Our team had such a better shape and looked so much better defensively WITHOUT Özil. Perez looked very good on the right, and Giroud was good. Not only did he score that stupid goal but he started the counter with that cheeky little back heel Ramsey only pulls off in his dreams. I was also very happy with Gabriel he’s starting to get in the groove.

Better defensively compared to what game or games exactly?

I’ve got a bad memory, but pretty much all year it seems teams have been able to make one pass and they are through our entire midfield. Today the only joy palace was getting was down flanks. Of course that probablybhad something to do with palace being pretty toothless but I give us some credit ad well.

1 Like

Played as a centerforward with someone alongside Giroud would easily bang in 25 goals and assist the same and miss plenty too in the league. But he would be a threat would occupy space that would need marking and that would create space elsewhere. As a lone wolf with his back to the goal living off scraps and having to pull wide he struggles . We play to a style that seems to not get enough people into the box cos their all tip tapping on the fringes of it.

1 Like

Thanks lads.

Great game. The partnership Xhaka-Elneny helped the squad to be creative, solid, intelligent and not slow. I like Coquelin, he is a good player, but I wish to us to have him only as super sub when we will need to protect the defense and the result, because as starter Elneny or Ramsey with Xhaka are miles away better than the frenchman.

Good response by Nacho on the left, Gabriel as CB (I don’t know if the absence of Mustafi has been a factor against Everton or City, but the brazilian has been very good in this period) and Iwobi. I like him as advanced playmaker. I’m with Arsène when he talks about his incredible passing qualities despite he is still very young.

2 Likes