Arsenal v Crystal Palace (Premier League)

Good win, third spot and second clean sheet in a row. Couldn’t have asked for more. Roll on Bournemouth.

Regulation and match needed win against a pretty poor palace side. Would have liked Sanchez to come off for the final 20 mins in preparation for the Cherries.

Outstanding performance against relatively limp opposition. Bellerin is turning into WC before our eyes. Gabby is showing he actually does have a brain and now 2 really good games on the trot. Xhaka - this was the Xhaka I have been looking for - excellent performance and gives me hope for this year and beyond.

Lots of other good performances including of course the magical goal by Giroud.

Can’t complain about anything today - back to 3rd and a very important progression to our fluidity and form - well done, Gunners.

3 Likes

Very comfortable performance. The only regret from this match is we really should’ve battered them, 2-0 in no way reflects how much more it should’ve been.

Took our foot off as usual after the first goal and dropped the intensity for some reason. Just keep going and put pressure on the opposite team. We were playing some very nice football in the early stages of the game. Quick one touch passing.

Still can’t believe what a quality goal from Giroud. He has a knack for missing sitters but scoring some real crackers! Needs 11 more to reach the magic 100 mark for Arsenal.

Some noteable performances from Bellerin, who was excellent today. Perez involved in a lot of nice linkup plays early in the match, put in a decent game. Alexis as usual gave it his all. Only thing missing today was a goal.

Palace were bloody awful today. It’s plain to see how much work Fat Sam’s got to do with the defense. They made so many errors.

Good result, up to 3rd place. Now a tricky away game to Bournemouth.

Much better performance. A lot less inane passing in this game. Really enjoyed that 90 minutes.

Good performance and another clean sheet, always welcome. Should have scored a few more goals, that’s the only criticism really.

Someone will question Giroud’s technical ability within a month or so of this match, so today is (another) FU to them in advance.

Called the match exactly for once, should’ve been 3 or 4 but Palace just allowed us to play around them with minimal pressure today (Cabaye, Zaha etc.) and this was always going to be the result.

Need a big Ozil performance against Bournemouth now, i can see that being a difficult match

2 Likes

They were comfortably crap and won’t bother anyone fighting it out at the top. We should have really scored a couple more.

1 Like

God this again. A player with good technical ability showcases that technical ability consistently on a very high level. That separates the great players from good players; the ability to play on a very high level consistently. Giroud has too much awful moments with these great moments to call his technical ability great.

1 Like

Giroud has the technique, he’s shown it time and time again. What he doesn’t have vs. the absolute elite is the awareness to be in that exact space and time needed to have the highest chance to convert each scoring opportunity. One is purely physical, one isn’t.

Let’s put to bed the idea that Giroud is a lumbering centre forward. I’m embarrassed for you. If you don’t think Giroud has an exception touch for a man his size then imo you’re not putting enough emphasis on the latter in explaining Giroud’s lower conversion rate.

5 Likes

Don’t need to be embarrassed for me. You should though stop with seeing it wrong and overrating him and his technic. Often enough the ball jumps from his feet or he needs to much time to control. Signs of his first touch not being great.

OK buddy!

Can’t wait for Wenger to drop him again tbh. But with how stubborn he is, I’m afraid chances are pretty high we’re going to see him starting again smh.

Watching IBRA and Giroud this year they look almost the same exact player tbh.

Oh how terrible a player that has something like 11 goals from his last 15 shots on goal might get a run in the first team

I don’t care for Ibrahimovic, so why should I?

@Kaner. I’m going to bash on GIroud and Walcott until they are not here anymore.

1 Like

Good man.

Giroud is pretty shit and great at the same time

1 Like

You must be new around here. There’s always something to complain about. :henry2:

4 Likes

I agree.
Giroud scored the goal of the season today. But i also thought he was poor.
He spent too much time in our half in the first half. I lost count of the number of times our attacks broke down because of his poor link up play.

How can we have 60 and 70% of the game - and struggle to score and still say we don’t need a striker?.

I thought iWork, element and bellerin were fantastic to day. They worked their butts off…
Sanchez is just pure quality.
Montreal looked good going forward, but is a poor defender.
We should have won by 5 or 6 clear goals today. Palce and fat bx6xxxd Sam are shit.