Arsenal v Crystal Palace (Premier League)

Yeah January is cool. February is the dick :grin:

1 Like

Going for an early-ish Arsenal goal, then a 2nd either late in the 1st half or early in the 2nd. Relatively nerve-free afternoon. Dull but professional 2nd half. Hope is restored etc. Would like a clean sheet here, but it’s Arsenal.

2 Likes

Lucas starts!!

What a line up?! Sanchez second striker with Giroud?! Lucas starts?!

LUCAS.

YES.

No Ozil.

Transfer window starts, Ozil missing. He’s gone.

Cech; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Xhaka, Elneny; Lucas, Iwobi, Alexis; Giroud.

Benchfuckers:
Ospina, Mustafi, Maitland-Niles, Coquelin, Ramsey, Reine-Adelaide, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Alexis in AM and Giroud upfront finally!! Been wanting to see this for ages

1 Like

Bit of a weird line-up but should be able to beat them.

1 Like

This is a sort of 4-4-2 line up. I like it. Why no Ozil?

Probably because he’s got a cold or something

We've seen a lot of tweets about this, so to clarify...@MesutOzil1088 misses #AFCvCPFC due to illness pic.twitter.com/mrHON4I0mq

— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) January 1, 2017

There’s a lot of games over the next week, so it would’ve been asking a lot for some players to feature in all three, so I think we have enough to get a result without Ozil today.

Really interested to see how Perez gets on, good chance for him!

1 Like

Interesting that the club felt the need to clarify that Ozil wasn’t being dropped or punished for his lousy last three matches.

Or maybe people are wondering why Ozil isn’t in the line up and the twitter account clarified - like they usually do with most regulars.

There’s nothing extra in this

2 Likes

I think we might end up seeing some magic from this line-up. I’ve always wanted us to play Giroud with a smaller second-striker and I’m happy to see Lucas start.

2 Likes

I’m excited to see Lucas start here to. I hope he has a fantastic game. He has a killer cross and could provide Giroud with a lot of opportunities. He also has a good work rate. It’ll be interesting to see Alexis in the 10 role. I’m sure we’ll see Iwobi swapping in there at times too.

First MDC of 2017, come join the fun :gunnersaurus:

http://craigduarte.co.uk/mdc/

1 Like

Ramsey should be starting considering who we have available today.

What a fucking goal!

Perfect goal to start the new year.

1 Like

Great Goal By Giroud. Given how comfortable its been it would be nice if we had added a 2nd goal though, especially given how prone we are to conceding a sloppy goal at some point in a game.

1 Like