Arsenal Pre-season thread 17-18

I thought the same but then when Laca joins I’ll be wanting to check him out.

https://twitter.com/goonerdave66/status/882528816232632321

10 Likes

Welcome back mad Jens!

1 Like

Already got more tactics than Wenger I see.

Looks like AW tested Jens’ loyalty Yakuza style.

I’d have gone with the pinky personally.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jvella7gooner/status/883048454683062275

They’re off to put another shrimp on that barbie.

3 Likes

There were notable absentees from the touring squad with available players likes of Kieran Gibbs, Mathieu Debuchy, Wojciech Szczesny, Lucas Perez and Carl Jenkinson all left at home. It looks increasingly likely that all five will be playing their football elsewhere this season.

Pretty clear they will be off then

2 Likes

Missing my favourite all time AFL players 300th game to be in Sydney this coming weekend, its worked out disastrously but hopefully the Gooners at least play at 50%.

2 Likes

I don’t think we’ll sell either Gibbs or Debuchy, unless they actively push for a move. Both will need to accept big wage cuts you’d think

Perez and Szczesny obviously have both a greater desire to leave and interest surrounding them. No idea about Jenkinson :grimacing:

The Gunners have landed in Sydney

2 Likes

So do you live in Sydney or are you taking a flight from somewhere else to see them?

Live in Melbourne and taking a flight up on Friday to see them for the Saturday game against Western Sydney.

7 Likes

If I was a manager of any club outside the top 8, I’d consider Gibbs the ideal left back. He’s an England international, at a good age and with bags of experience at the top level. You’d think he’d be worth the punt especially given I don’t imagine we’d be looking for anything more than £15M for him.

4 Likes

Same, he’d be a great option for someone like WBA or Stoke or Newcastle.

1 Like

Southampton too if they lose Bertrand.

1 Like

This wallaby is like “Who the fuck are these cunts!?”.

4 Likes

In fairness to the wallaby I only recognise about half of them and I bet he’s not even an Arsenal fan.

5 Likes

it’s funny that our team just goes around in arsenal gear when we go on these tours, just like school uniform really

2 Likes