Arsenal Legends vs Milan Glorie (Charity Game)

The game will be streamed on Arsenal.com

ARSENAL LEGENDS: Jens Lehmann, David Seaman, Martin Keown, Marc Overmars, Ray Parlour, Emmanuel Petit, Pascal Cygan, Gilberto, Nigel Winterburn, Kolo Toure, Robert Pires, Freddie Ljungberg, Sylvain Wiltord, Anders Limpar, Gilles Grimandi and Kanu.

MILAN GLORIE: Christian Abbiati, Dida, Cafu, Paolo Maldini, Demetrio Albertini, Alessandro Costacurta, Paolo Di Canio, Edgar Davids, Marcel Desailly, Daniele Massaro, Marco Simone, Angelo Carbone, Dario Simic, Giuseppe Favalli, Kakhaber Kaladze, Zvonimir Boban, Massimo Ambrosini, Stefano Eranio, Giuseppe Pancaro, Ibrahim Ba, Serginho and Christian Vieri.

1 Like

Why no Vieira?

Its Wengers fault :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is live on ITV 4 as well.

He’s the manager of New York F.C now. I’m pretty sure he has more important things to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two threads on this now? Lol

Yossi must have turned them down

1 Like

Hey it’s the international break so glad to have something Arsenal related while we wait for the PL to return. It’s been shown live on ITV4 aswell which is great! Looking forward a lot to watching The King in action again. DB aswell.

Saturday 3rd September on ITV4 from 1:30pm to 4:15pm

Jacqui Oatley is joined by former Arsenal man, Kevin Campbell, and ex AC Milan striker, Mark Hateley, for live coverage of this exhibition match in aid of the Arsenal foundation. Gunners fans are in for a treat as famous old boys Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Robert Pires and Manu Petit grace the Emirates Stadium as part of the Arsenal Legends team, taking on an equally star-studded AC Milan side featuring the likes of Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi and Cafu. Commentary from Sam Matterface and Danny Higginbotham.

Maybe even a small chance of MDC? @Bl1nk @Mysty? :wink:

should be a decent watch, looking forward to this :slight_smile: had no idea it would be shown on tv

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/770662803518681089

Well, fuck that… The two most anticipated players of the whole thing!

2 Likes

Gutted for the people who bought tickets already tbh!

1 Like

I keep thinking @walsho has signed up to the new site because he had the exact same avatar on the old site for years :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a pile of shit.

I’m taking my boy up to see this, we don’t get too many chances to travel up to games so we are looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Now I don’t feel as gutted that I couldn’t make it and palmed the tickets off to someone else.

Fairplay though, that’s really shit on everyone. The only people being let down here are the fans. The tickets aren’t exactly a tenner.

I think I like this guy. :slight_smile:

‘But I finally refused and you know why? Because I couldn’t betray my
English love. The truth is that I’ve been a keen Arsenal fan since my
childhood, and playing for ‘our’ bitter rivals would have been high
treason.

‘When I was younger I liked the Arsenal shirt, the stadium, and some of the players from the 1980s such as Liam Brady.

‘And I’ve always gone against the tide. All my friends were
Manchester United or Liverpool fans, so I picked Arsenal and I’ve never
changed my mind.’

The Italian won 24 major trophies during his time with Milan but he
counts playing at Highbury in the 1995 Cup Winners’ Cup as one of the
highlights of his trophy-laden career.

"The first game is possibly one of the favourite matches of my entire career,’ said Costacurta.

‘Not so much because of the game itself, which was very intense but
perhaps not very exciting as the final score was a 0-0 and the only time
we were really under threat was at set pieces.

‘It was more for the setting of Highbury. [The] Emirates is wonderful
and over time it will gain its own mythical aura, but Highbury was
unique."

2 Likes

Paolo Di Canio will play against us. Please Martin, breaks his legs, he is a fucking fascist and anti-Arsenal pundit who insults and wishes to punch in the face Mertesacker, Ozil and is happy when we lost.

Dennis hasnt pulled out he never agreed to play ! Since he doesnt fly its a 2/3 day gig . Zero interest in a so called charity game that will line the clubs pockets . The costacurta article is pure PR bullshit ! some people are easily fooled . All these legends are getting paid ! ! !

Cygan, Stepanovs and Jeffers have been called up for this

Just did my first merge on this! Felt good :smiley: