Arsenal - Hull City (Premier League)

Stay strong you olive oil drenched spaghetti you!

2 Likes

WTF have you watched? :rolling_eyes:

Hull City were an hard opponent to beat because with Marco Silva they changed their style (in fact the ball possession was the same, around 80%).

Probably Arsenal failed to score in the first 20 minutes because of unlicky events and a lack of cynism in front of the goal. In my opinion BellerĂŹn has played a good game because Theo helped him against Grosicki, Coquelin has finally played a decent game. He is an horse when he has the ball behind the feet, but today has been perfect defensivly.

Oxlade my personal man of the match, like Mustafi who is officially the new Minister of Defense. Thumbs up for Petr, Elneny, Gibbs, Perez (this guy is fucking incredible: when he plays, he is capable to create a chance, to score, to be assistman, to be dangerous).

Koscielny, Iwobi and Ozil haven’t satisfied me. The frenchman and the nigerian failed two or three attempts recovering the ball which have exposed the team to dangerous counterattacks, Ozil has been out of the game since the first minute.

I would like to see a 4-3-3 at Allianz Arena without him and with Oxlade on midfield with Granit and Elneny, but I know which is a little bit impossible to take him off.

1 Like

I thought it was a decent-ish 1st half from us and then just when we were threatening to play 60+ minutes of a competitive football match competitively, we faded out for most of the 2nd half.

Finishing let us down though, but for Sanchez and Bellerin missing the target I think at least 2-0 at half time would’ve been a fair scoreline. Handball goal was harsh on Hull though and my god I hate double jeopardy at the end there. Worst rule in football.

Hull looked dangerous, I do love a clean sheet but ours was slightly fortunate again today, rather than solid.

4 Likes

Well, when it’s pretty much a goal from the defender’s perspective giving a yellow for stopping it is hardly making up for it. They’ve recently changed the rule to soften it a bit, but blatantly stopping it with the arm is a deserved sending off.

I’d offer either a penalty kick or man off, attacking team’s choice.

1 Like

I really think that’s ridiculous. You can’t give a team a call on officiating.

I’ve no problem if the instruction for refs on that scenario is yellow and pen but you can’t put the call on the team who was wronged.

1 Like

Ok. Just looking for some sort of solution to the also ridiculous notion of punishing a team twice for one offence. If it happens in the 5th minute it has the potential for killing the entire game, contest and day out for the spectator. Worst rule in football.

1 Like

How should the defending team end up getting an advantage out of it? lol

That doesn’t make sense.

Yeah I also think the Double whammy Rule is to harsh. I hate it when you get a red for last man offence but the penalty is still awarded.

I’m not sure any of that holds any relevance to how or why rules should be applied. But like I say, I’ve no objection to them changing the rule.

How is the defending team getting an advantage out of either conceding a penalty, or losing a man?

The ball’s going on goal:

option 1: let it in and concede a goal

option 2 (your idea): stop it with his hand and concede a penalty (second chance) or lose a player

how is that not better for the defending team?

Because you’re still allowing the attacking side a free shot on goal from 12 yards, or the opportunity of playing against 10 men for the remainder of the game.

It’s a fair punishment for the defending team without being overly punitive towards the attacking side.

3 Likes

3 Likes

So if you picked to have the man off, its not a penalty? Intentional handball stopping the ball entering the net = red card and a penalty… Or am i missing something?

I feel we got lucky today, could have went either way easily. Defence still looked unorganised and Gibbs should have seen red IMO, Markovic was clean through. One handball goal and a penalty doesnt fill one with confidence but main thing is 3 pts and can relax and watch Pool and Spurs potentially drop points.

4 Likes

It’s not a fair punishment though if you’re deliberately stopping the ball from going in and it’s unfair towards the attacking side to have a goal taken away with likely minimal additional punishment because let’s be honest taking a penalty will always be the favorable decision as having a goal scored is always better than having to score one.

I only watch AFCTV when big Chris Hudson is on it every so often. Best person on it.

I obviously did’t watch the same game you did.
The game I watched was a shambles.
Hull an hard opponent? Why is it that all these lower 3rd teams are hard opponents when we play them.

Defence non existant. I have never seen kossa beaten on or near the halfway libs as often as he was today.
What manager would allow the smallest man in our defence (bellerin) to be left alone to mark 2 hull 7 footers at set pieces.
I doubt you noticed the big hull striker stood on his own, not a player within 6 yards of him from one of their corners.
The hull players seemed to stroll through our midfield at will.

As for Le coq. When he got his yellow he should have been more careful. He was an accident waiting to happen.
I thought Alex had a fair game in the first half but was a joke second half. One run with ball didn’t make him man of tge match for me.
Theos only contribution was to get booked.
I stand by watch I say. It was a shambles.an half decent team would have taken us apart.
Iw0obi just didn’t work today.

I also thought we looked a yard slower than them today. Thought Gibbs was quick but he looked slow to day. Likewise a few more of our players.
Like I said we must have watched different gamed.
Our passing and finall ball was poor today.
Defend was atrocious.

1 Like

I was at the game today. Watching from the West stand, Ox, Perez and Ozil played well in my opinion. We got lucky Hull didnt score as our defence was left open a few times. Sanchez, although scoring two goals and maybe a tackle, his decision making and passing was terrible. Still think hes still an asset to the team he does score goals.

2 Likes