Alexis Sánchez

Some of you guys just refuse to see Alexis weakness. I swear you guys suffer from Stockholm syndrome. I’ve mentioned it in the passed and some have started to echo the same sentiment. For all the good attributes he has there are some glaring ones which shows when we play really good teams and are struggling. To many brainless dribbles to noweger, to many missed placed passes that leaves us open to counter and when we need a focal point he is nowhere to be found. We need tactical discipline in big games and intelligent play to go with that. Knowing when to dribble, when to pass, when to press and when to make yourself available. He lacks that and if it was a player like ox who did those things the fan base would be up in arms.

3 Likes

I think plenty of people are privy to a mis-touched pass or running into nothing areas and losing possession in stupid areas, that is a consistent feature in any game Ox plays. Alexis clearly has more gears to click into when on form. When we’re on the front-foot, Alexis bearing down on every ball played along the back and still having the ability in a game to assist/score is something no one else in the team can turn on, bar Alexis.

For all his nuances, if we actually had some structure in the team, turnovers from mistakes he has made three-quarters up the pitch can easily be quelled however we play gamble football. And it’s all there to see in plain sight.

I think one of his major weaknesses is that he loves the ball too much, he just doesnt fucking pass when a pass is on or holds onto it until a good key pass is gone or this thing of loving to wriggle out of tight situations (when it comes off and he starts a counter its cool) only to lose the ball when he is surrounded by 4 people when a pass is on and let them go with the ball…that fucks me right off, i think PASS the ball you twat you have support why do you refuse to pass lose it and put us in danger!

3 Likes

Alexis has his faults no doubt but next season will be a lot tougher without him when its back to Giroud being the bonafide no 1 option at centre forward.

Sincerly mate, there are 10k reasons to attack Arsenal, the players or Arsène Wenger, but you are ever capable to invent false conjectures, it’s sensational, trust me.

[quote=“Maxi_Gooner, post:1634, topic:98, full:true”]

Sincerly mate, there are 10k reasons to attack Arsenal, the players or Arsène Wenger, but you are ever capable to invent false conjectures, it’s sensational, trust me.
[/quote]So you think he’s going to stay?

I contest the Giroud first option next year, not the departure of the chilean.

Sincerly, if Wenger will leave at the end of the season, I would like to see a revolution, keeping not many players. Sanchez, with only one year contract, for me can go out for a price tag around 50/60M pounds.

Alright Welbeck as the 1st option next season ? Does that make it better ? If Wenger leaves we will probably make a signing but if he’s at the helm I expect it will be Giroud or Welbeck.

nah, Yaya Sanogo and Akpom.

Exactly. He just plays for his own pride and he doesn’t fucking know when to take care of himself.

A lot of players have poor mentality issues. It’s up to the manager to contain them, if not fix them.

To ask for one of the best players in the league to leave (on what would potentially be a free transfer to likely even a league rival) is absolutely reckless and unprogressive rhetoric considering the current state of our club.

Now, what I suggest does not mean that Sanchez should have complete leverage and carry himself as a superior to the team. There have been time and time again where we’ve seen players who have been utterly selfish, egomaniacs, and self-absorbed to a far greater extent than Alexis, but they have gone on to become club legends and record breakers. It’s about man-management and team dynamic, which quite honestly, is at one of the most dire states ever for this team. Sanchez’s technical skills are one of the best ever in an Arsenal jersey, period. His mentality is piss-poor, but the latter is far easier to manage/improve than the former at this stage of a football career.

I look no other than to Wenger to see if this is a task he can resolve, not only with Sanchez, but how the entire team conducts themselves in regard to their mental determination, tactical discipline, and will to succeed, even if that means dropping key players like Alexis that are cutting it short.

4 Likes

1 Like

Is there anyone on here that thinks Alexis will be here next season if he doesn’t renew his contract before the summer?

Good luck… with a year on his contract we can be happy with half of that money

I’m expecting pretty much anyone who is approaching his last year of contract to be gone if it isn’t resolved by mid May. It would be criminal to let any of them run their contract down for longer then that…

1 Like

Personally I’d rather another season of Sanchez than the 30 million quid or whatever we will receive for him, but yes I know our board and manager would never let that situation play out.

No, we don’t have to run the risk of losing him on a cheap.

Juventus bound. He’s probably already bought the plane ticket, it’s cheaper in advance :grin:

I would like to see us run down his contract, I mean it’s not my bloody money - I don’t care! But if he does try push through a move I absolutely wouldn’t blame him. He’s a winner, and seemingly most of his team mates aren’t. Add that to the fact our fans are as fickle as the weather, turning on him after a couple of bad performances, then there is absolutely nothing to make him want to stay here.

1 Like

But if easyjet find out he’s on the move they will more than quadruple the fares…

1 Like

Swap him and Dybala :wink:

Will be a bit of a disaster if Sanchez’ future isn’t sorted by ST renewal date…