Alexis Sánchez

Me? I dont think i took part in the nonsense of analysing expession. Ozil taught me very quickly to avoid that sort of analysis.

However constructive is something you can build upon, explore, discuss further.

Repeating ‘Alexis is gonna leave’ or more specifically, ‘for bayern’ is just stirring an already boiling pot.

Edit: @Leper :smile: you are one funny fucker you know that.

Hahah I will go through my predictions this season later when I get home from work, and we will see how negative I am in comparison with our points tally.

Being right doesnt vindicate the pessimism. Might mean i take your advice when gambling though :wink:

It doesn’t?

1 Like

You can’t deny that, the hold on contract extension is worrying, nothing positive and bright.
The reason? Outsider won’t know. What we know is, we can’t offer crazy salary or guarantee good chance of league title/CL.
He has been with us for more than enough to realize what kind of club Arsenal is, what kind of manager Wenger is, and what he really wants.

I am not saying he will leave for sure, but the signals are just NOT good.
In fact, I don’t even want to think about it, too painful to be realistic.
Hope we will tie him up ASAP, so that we can move on.
If Sanchez sign, probably Ozil will.

This is rich. Didn’t you say we wouldn’t win our first game until well into Oct/Nov earlier in the season.

3 Likes

Throw enough shit eventually something will stick.

If it was consistently right it would be justified, but too often it isnt.

There is virtually no balance in his opinions.

Disagree I have predicted us to finish 3rd, 3rd and 4th the 3 years I have been a member on this forum.

Your posting isnt limited to league finish predictions though. :smile:

1 Like

It’s not really a case of throwing enough shit. There are loads of blatant reasons to not be brimming with confidence before recent Arsenal seasons. The thing that’s questionable with it is when people who say the freaking obvious is likely, talk like they’re Nostradamus after it more often than not ends up happening.

On top of that there’s the fact that despite all the concerns, we’re still gearing up to watch Arsenal play, so there has to be some chill applied to get on with seeing the games with at least some hope to cling onto. Nothing we think or feel changes the fact that the games will take place, that all possibilities are open until they’re not and we’ll know all outcomes at the end of the season.

October, that was when we were playing Watford (or maybe Hull) as I recall. However I genuinely didn’t think we would win any of our opening games.

Good old Aussie however, goes for the negative pretty much regardless of what his head may tell him I think.

Aussiebuddy. look.

Just because the ceiling fan is not working properly doesn’t mean it warrants people walking around stating “Bah I could be cooler but the ceiling fan is broken”, “Imagine having a cool breeze go through the room… but then the ceiling fan is broken”, “the neighbour’s ceiling fan is not broken” all day long for years.

And there is little point in asking for footballing arguments to convince you why the situation isn’t bad, you discard every argument against your mindset given a little time anyway, it is not a big feat. Given any scenario you can imagine a better one, we know, congratulations, you’re like everybody else and Real Madrid sack a manager who wins the league.

With time you lot have convinced yourselves that it wasn’t considered an improvement to win the FA cup after a decade of no trophies, or to win the CL group back when we constantly got 2nd, or to get the “4th place trophy” crap off our backs, or to sign top class players from top teams that slotted right in for big money etc. It means nothing now and neither will my next footballing argument either.

And realise there is hypocrisy in saying you’re just realistic, if it was realism you’d get that you can’t affect the outcome and there is realistically little point in being down about it. You’re not neutral, you’re a football fan, you get happy when a set of people who are indifferent to your existance kick a ball into the net of a set of players who also are unaware of you being alive. And there is not much factual value to concluding that we haven’t scored vs. team2 in three games or similar. You’ll find that stuff about every team in the world, there are simply that many variables and that much time passed.

What I’m saying is that this warrants being positive as it actually does good things for everyone, both you and those who share any space with you.

tl:dr; lighten up :smiley: it’ll lift the mood, we’re in this together, powerless as fuck all of us.

edit: and to clarify, I clearly do not mean knee-jerk emotional reaction, all this is more about the long-term pessimism, and it is not meant as an attack on you.

2 Likes

I think Alexis will stay I think Alexis is just a natural born winner and his reaction after the last game just shows he doesn’t accept second best like the rest of his teammates. But unless we start winning the titles and CL he wants, then I think he going sooner rather then later. And unless Wenger goes and we get in a manager and does what Conte is doing this season, I think it be next season will be his last. Can’t blame him really, he deserves to win the big honours as long as it’s not with City or Chelsea or nay PL club I be happy for him lol.

2 Likes

It’s a shame useless fkkin Wenger can’t in still the same passion into some of our other players.
Alex is gone. Real footie players don’t do losers.
Only asbeens like mert’s n co after a big paycheck for nothing do losers.

The onset of cenial dementia is such a sad thing to witness

:sob: why is it only our nomark players like Ox etc who insist on sticking around?!

Alexis can’t leave, I mean what about the dogs? They like it in London. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

3 Likes

We can only hope his dogs convince him to stay :santi:

Lol. Can his dogs talk or does Alexis understand barking?

1 Like

“Please Alexis, stay at Arsenal. I beg you. I London walking and shitting down London roads”.

https://sports-images.vice.com/images/2015/03/09/alexis-sanchez-has-two-very-good-dogs-body-image-1425914328.png?output-quality=75

1 Like