Alexis Sánchez

:grin:

7 Likes

just imagine if he didn’t want to leave in the first place and ended up signing a new contract, doubt it will happen though

can’t work out whether this is more annoying, embarrassing or depressing

pretty high on all 3 counts so probably don’t matter

They’ve been after him all summer. We’ve been hearing Wenger saying that he’s not for sale for ages now, up to the last 3-4 days of the window. It’s very likely that it was the Liverpool game that had everything start moving again.

2 Likes

dont want him here anymore, i wish we just go rid, he is just gonna cause more problems now you can see it in him from last season and he has started again this season his smirking on the bench running around trying to look busy but doing nothing in particular then making it the entire teams fault (fair play liverpool was the entire team) dont see him taking anything on himself though…the guy is a grade a cunt should have sold him and moved on this summer guy is gonna fuck our season now more than it has already been.

3 Likes

Should have just said “no way” full stop then… this half-step is the worst possible result… if you were going to make this contingent on another buy, get it sorted in time or don’t do the double switch on a player who wants to leave…

Shambles if it is all true.

1 Like

City have been linked to him by the press all summer, if they were serious about signing him they would have official bid much earlier.

Doubt the Liverpool result did much to alter anybody’s mindset tbh. It’s not like Alexis was 100% ready to accept staying before that

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong I totally agree, we are fucked no matter what.

I’m just speaking about him personally, cause his behaviour indicates he feels like some kind of prisoner when he signed up for it. Realistically he can’t be surprised we arent challenging, we hadnt for a decade when he signed.

Not everything is about official bids. If Alexis’ side gets told that he’s not up for sale and ManCity inquiring about him get told that he’s not for sale there’s not much use of bidding for a player, unless it’s something unreasonably high.

Also the Liverpool game did very much change something in regards to Ox it seems and Wenger has been saying for a good 1.5 months now that Alexis wasn’t leaving, so surely something changed if we’re all of the sudden entertaining the idea of selling him.

If Sanchez really want to leave… City is smart to wait till the last minute.
Arsenal can keep him for one more year, yes, but the club will lose him for nothing, or have to sell him at a much cheaper price.
City has money, they can buy another if Sanchez deal fall through (in January though), it is about how much Wenger/Arsenal want to get from Sanchez, how much they can get.
The longer Arsenal drag on, they less they can get in return.

Well it is especially when a player only has one year left. A club will always listen to offers because of the risk of losing on a free. After all it’s Arsenal who have been in this situation more than once before. There doesn’t need to be backroom discusions between City and Alexis’ representation, they all know he has one year left and is therefor available.

Best thing for City to do was to put pressure on Arsenal by making a series of bids after the ConFed cup. That would have allowed Arsenal to find a replacement, agitate Alexis and allowed Arsenal spin the sale however they left it to last few days and you get a situation like we’re in now.

Ox was long gone before the LFC game because of his insistence on the CM role. It was before the start of 16/17 he went on TV and said he’d be taking stock of his options with 2 years left on his deal. Things changed because we got an offer from Chelsea, if only they were interested he’d be staying at Arsenal tbh

So looks like we are going to have a half arsed Sanchez for the rest of the season. Great!

Apparently Man City and Sanchez are furious at how we handled the deal. Sanchez was all packed up and ready to go.

Yep - worst possible way for us to deal… didn’t help that City make it late, but should never even have entertained it if we are were shambolically unprepared.

We have a couple of months extra to negotiate a contract extension with him.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Shwew listen up Arsenal fanatics, WE DODGED A FUCKING BULLET.

Lamar turning us down should really make you hear alarms ringing in your head if your support Arsenal. Everyone was happy to get into the Europa League because it’s different and we maybe can win it blah blah defeatist pussy rhetoric. Well guess who doesn’t agree with Arsenal fanatics. Most players, what a surprise. Like I said though we dodged a bullet because taking the Sanchez and Ox money and flipping that for Lamar is fucking terrible business. We would have been overpaying first of all, second you don’t even know what you are gonna get from Lamar. He’s only scored like 9 league goals and hardly assists in France, and our resident football scout @burgundy doesn’t even rate him.

What we need to do now is reel everything in, fix everything in house, and then kick on with the season. Now you all can see why it’s so important to get CL football unless of course you are Manchester United and you are just going to throw 200m at your problems every transfer window. Oh and pay people like 300k per week. Sanchez is gonna score 20+ league goals again, no doubt about it. He won’t sulk, I see no reason to believe he won’t give it his all, he looked fine in that Lolpool match. We need him to help us secure that CL spot again and then we can work on buying some good players and not get absolutely raped on the prices.

And who’s going to do that?

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think it’s quite as bad as everyone is making it out to be. We had a shitty start to our season…pretty standard Arsenal stuff tbh. The issue with the transfer window is that since we were struggling a bit and now out of the CL our good players obviously will be tempted to leave. Now that they are forced to stay and the window is closed they will focus on the task at hand. We will end up with like 75 points or so. Not sure if that will be good enough to get CL but it just might be, and then we can take it from there. Obviously not that I rate him but Lamar would be an Arsenal player right now had we been in the CL.

1 Like

1 Like