Alexis Sánchez

Kroenke

£75 million for a player who isn’t interested and who could walk out the door next summer for nothing?

err, yeah alright then

Gotta be the biggest no brainer ever

You can’t turn down a 75-mil offer.

Have to take that money, keep it and don’t spend it on shitty Wenger panic buys.

1 Like

The club will be in better financial shape for having an extra £100m but if you think that the new manager will see any benefit in terms of being able to shape his squad using that money then I don’t know what to tell you.

1 Like

Panic buys are Wenger’s specialty.

Kroenke is a convenient boogeyman rearing its head only when Arsenal fuck up, but when the fans are happy you never hear about him lol.

All I know is we had £50 million to spend on Lacazette and money to offer £180k a week to Oxlade Chamberlain, enough money to price Bayern Munich out of Alexis etc etc .

Also Kroenke doesn’t pick the team or set the tactics does he?

And surely it is more likely the strange transfer policy is in similar vein to the strange tactics and teamsheets we see week in week out than some conspiracy.

Kroenke doesn’t give a shit, he is just happy to put some money in if needed and pick up his dividend at the end of the year. Beyond that he is not involved imo. He is just used by Wenger and his supporters as an excuse for Wenger’s ‘eccentricities’.

Also that stadium loan is a bit pish lol, isnt the taxpayer in LA footing a lot of the bill for the Ram’s new stadium. That’s how they usually do it in the US because they are mental lol. But regardless, has no bearings on us.

7 Likes

@JakeyBoy Electrifying here basically articulates my feeling about Kroenke, hence I don’t see why the club being in a better financial position when a new manager finally comes in shouldn’t be an advantage for him in shaping the squad.

I’m also frankly not even opposed to Wenger reinvesting that money in the meantime, should he decide to, as when he decides to lump out a significant sum on a player it tends to be a good one (Arshavin, Özil, Alexis, Cazorla, Lacazette).

1 Like

I would point out £35 million on Xhaka (you may rate him, I don’t), £35 million on Mustafi (slow as a boat) and £27 million on Perez - that’s nearly £100 million frankly wasted imo - even collectively they did not move the squad forward at all

1 Like

Not that it particularly matters but Perez cost about £10m less than what you’ve quoted there.

1 Like

Perez cost less than £20m.

You won’t spend it at all, ever, so what’s the point?

1 Like

Meh, Mustafi I’m not really sure if I rate him or not but £35m for him was fine in this market, if we wanted to resell him for that I’m pretty sure we could. Xhaka I’m not sure I rate him or not either, thinking that I don’t, but again, I wouldn’t be surprised if we could resell him for a similar amount. The £17-18m we paid for Lucas is throwaway money in this market and he too is probably worth that, he’s just hard to resell because he’s near 30 and only wants to go back to money-poor Depor.

In fairness to Perez he was never given a real shot

He had a few chances, took them and was then dropped. We will never know if he could of done a decent job

1 Like

Probably will under a new manager. As I said, £35 mil for Xhaka and Mustafi, £50 mil for Lacazette shows we can spend the money. When we want to

But you still have money now don’t you? And still have gaping holes in the squad you’ve failed to sort out, needed a fantastic CM / dm for the longest time.

1 Like

This is exactly my point when people bring up Kroenke; hes clearly a cunt but not actually the biggest problem we have. There are plenty of managers who with our finances and squad at their disposal would have us in a much better position. Kroenke has nothing to do with the on pitch failures that we’ve seen time and time again, other than giving the man responsible a new deal and a fucking pay rise.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s something you will have to ask Wenger.

Can you ask him why we play LBs at CB when we have capable CBs on the bench while you’re at it please?

Sky Sports News saying a senior source has told them they’ve made a new straight cash offer, no idea on the fee.

I’d hold out for 80m minimum at this point