Alexis Sánchez

Are you kidding me? Ok, he is the last year if his contract, but 45/50 mil are just pathetic.

Selling Sanchez won’t help us sign any other player. I reckon if we sell Sanchez for 60 million we’re not suddenly going to sign Mbappe this summer or the next. Finances aren’t the problem rather the reputational/competitive damage we have suffered over the past 5+ years. That’s why I wouldn’t sell him anyway.

3 Likes

Draxler swap deal? :per:

Young Julian is a nice goal threat so we wouldn’t be to unbalanced if Alexis went the other way.

Remember the days when David Dein telling the world one of our players is not for sale, at any price, used to make us feel warm and reassured?

Just don’t get that sense any more with Wenger/the board

Shame he didn’t feel the same way about his shares

2 Likes

If the TV money bubble is really gonna burst, we should hold out for 80m minimum. Nothing to lose.

1 Like

Alexis Sanchez is close to agreeing personal terms with PSG - the situation https://t.co/La1LrdKbxj

— Get French Football (@GFFN) 21 juli 2017

Dominos

But Wenger said…

Wenger has no impact on personal terms. zilch.

Alexis Sanchez is close to agreeing personal terms with PSG - the situation https://t.co/La1LrdKbxj

— Get French Football (@GFFN) 21 juli 2017

Sanchez’s salary demands, €16m net a year, are also very elevated in PSG’s view, but the capital club are still willing to make Alexis one of the club’s top earners. The two main sticking points at the beginning of the week have almost entirely been resolved – a contract agreement between PSG & Sanchez appears to be imminent.

Les Parisiens will then have to convince Arsenal to sell the player, which will not be easy, but helped by the fact that PSG are not a direct Premier League rival unlike Manchester City, the latter being Sanchez’s initially favoured destination.

Nice of them to agree personal terms before being given permission by us.

Smells like bullshit.

If they are discussing a contract they at least got permission from Arsenal to speak with the player, wouldn’t they?

Which seem like Arsenal are open for a transfer.

1 Like

But how do you know they haven’t got permission? Because Wenger said so?

Don’t need permission to speak to someone’s agent.

Yes because Wenger said so only days ago

I don’t understand how tapping up works then. Technically if above is true, there is no such thing as tapping up.

His words will only be credible if Sanchez is still here on 1 september.

1 Like

Sanchez also “agreed” personal terms with Man City. This just seems like bullcrap to me.

1 Like

edit: i was way off.

Subject to Rule T.7, a Contract Player, either by himself or by any Person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his Club

1 Like

Yeah I just searched it too and it seems clubs are not allowed to speak to agents either though there definitely seems to be some sort of work around this (Like Neymar’s dad & PSG for example).

1 Like