Alexis Sánchez

Sanchez and Ozil knew EXACTLY what they were joining and it’s painful that you assume we couldnt sign any other world class players once they leave.

its so short sighted and narrow minded its just painful.

Chelsea and City are founded on the idea that with a little money players will come. United make that abundently clear too.

You know what, this is Nasri and Fabregas all over again.

2 Likes

Ozil and Sanchez were signed 3 years ago… they were 40m players, and both under 150k contract.

3 years later, today, everybody is 80m+, everybody is asking 200k per week.
Mustafi and Xhaka level players cost you 30m+ already.

We are so cheap that not even willing to break our bank and change our wage structure to pay Sanchez and Ozil more than 200k.
WHY ON THE EARTH WE SUDDENLY WILL CHANGE OUR POLICY and willing to pay 80m and 200k contract???

BE REALISTIC!!! Who is willing to come to a sinking ship, a cheap ass sinking ship??

5 Likes

Walcott saying there was a bust up, it seems that Sanchez is a big problem he is a problem with his attitude to everyone in the squad he wants gone and the players dont like him, apparently he complains about everything and never takes responsibility like the goal last night, and is always insulting or berating the team and manager…seems like players dont like playing with him either apparently giroud refused his help to get up in the bayern match yesterday etc. People say he is like this because he is a ‘winner’ but apparently he was a cunt like this in barca too that is why they benched him and eventually sold him because he pissed everyone off, same in Udinese, apparently even tho he is the ‘hero’ for his country that team hate him also and even Vidal is getting sick to death of him.

Sure he is a top player but it seems he is a nasty piece of work to boot. Even santi etc have called him out on those fun arsenal question videos. The players have to have a meeting ‘aaawwwww oohhhhh shit i dont wanna its booooooring’ unless he is playing hogging the ball and running around like a crazed person apparently he is an utter tosser. Have a look at some of the comments, yes there are a lot of banter comments and general crap but there are a few in there talking about Sanchezs character…wonder if there is truth to it?

3 Likes

You’re right.
Man City, Chelsea and Man U have proved that if you are willing to spend the money, you can get the best players.
But when do we spend big money?

Ozil and Sanchez, by Wenger’s own admission, were bought because they were bargains, and as for Xhaka and Mustafa, they are players a club of our stature, should be buying anyway.

We waited several seasons before buying a DM, and had to tolerate players like Flamini, and we still haven’t got a striker.
How can you possibly think we are going to go on some sort of spending spree, when we still haven’t replaced RVP?

We need world class players to play alongside Ozil and Sanchez, and all that will happen is we will sell them and get inadequate replacements like we always do.

Our transfer policy is the worst of any big clubs in Europe.

2 Likes

Because they now know what bullshit they’re joining. Well, unless there’s a different manager.

1 Like

Walcott seems a bit more heated these days than I remember (not a bad thing), I remember him squaring up to a few this season, one with the scum player Vertonghen definitely.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Mystery Player X in the Sanchez beef was indeed someone like Walcott

3 Likes

I reckon they thought we were on the way up. Like we all did.

I’d argue there’s still a chance that a new manager could persuade them to stay. Wages are the issue, however I’d gamble it’s more of a ‘if I have to stay at Arsenal, I better be being paid top dollar’ kind of thing.

Seems weird that Walcott himself says that these things need to stay in the dressing room and then confirms that there has been something happening while both Wenger and Pires publicly denied any kind of bust up. Not sure what Walcott is trying to achieve but fair enough to him if he thinks talking the truth to the media is the right thing to do. Not that the manager will really agree but whatever.

1 Like

christ. this club isnt sinking why all the drama? change of manager and the sleeping giant that is our club awakens.

its really not a huge obstacle.

He hasn’t conflicted anything Pires said, if anything he was less specific and more dismissive.

The weird one is Pires after Wenger had completely denied it, makes Wenger look kinda bad outright lying like that to the media.

Funny all this shit is coming out when he hasn’t signed a new deal it, was all good when he scoring for us and the contract issue wasn’t on the horizon.

I wouldn’t be quick to believe all these Chinese whispers that have been coming out lately, it’s no secret the players are very comfort air with the status quo.

The truth hurts and perhaps Sanchez is dolling it out in spades, all the stuff you’re saying pure unfounded rumours designed to vilify Alexis.

but you have to ask yourself these questions…why did barca sell he was more than good enough to play for them and he helped them a lot and he was paid well but all of a sudden he played less and less and people isolated him he didnt seem to get as many passes later on and people used to think the players around him were being fuckers. Why sell him for a seemingly ‘cheap fee’ when they had bigger fish to fry like sorting out their defense but sell him off then buy another attacker?, why the problems with his best mate vidal, why is he a journeyman never staying at any club for more than a few years not matter what attention is afforded to him. I know he has been one of our best players but just because you are good doesnt mean that you also cant be a cunt of a man…look at Ibrahimovic!

Pires said that there was a bad tackle while Walcott says

You don’t see it often at Arsenal. Things have happened.
We can’t be fighting each other.

Maybe I’m reading too much into the whole thing but putting it on a bad tackle seems to me to be less serious than saying that things have happened and we can’t be fighting each other. It’s not straight up saying that there was a bust up with Alexis, which the original interview doesn’t even say but was added by the dailymail but still it’s not something I’d really expect a player to hint at after the manager has denied it.

They just bought Neymar and a move was best for all parties.

What “problems” with Vidal? Honestly you’re believing all that BS gossip?

You’re clearly misplacing your anger in the direction of Sanchez which is fine but don’t act like your argument is a legit one.

2 Likes

Read all of his comments. The general picture he paints for me is the same or less serious than Pires’ confirmation, which broke with Wenger’s party line.

Not misplacing any anger i am not angry, but the way he acts is a little off and i am sure theere is more to this than meets the eye i am sure in time it will all come out i may well be wrong but i might not be either.

Because a super team like Barcelona still want to improve?
They later got Suarez, Neymar…
A team can always improve, it is just you want to do it or not.

Even he may have character issue (nobody proved it yet), it never affected his on field performance and work rate.
His consistent performance and work rate all these years, and his performance for Chile to win the Copa America, are more valid approvals than just some speculations.

Is he a cunt? Well, he may be… but he is a proven winner. I want this “cunt” on my team.
Is Ibra a cunt? he may be… he is also a proven winner. I want him over Giroud/Welbeck/Theo anytime any place.
Winners have attitudes, so does Messi and Ronaldo… only losers like to well taken care of and well protected by the manager.

1 Like

Fair enough. I read the whole thing and maybe it’s the clash and disciplinary action part that confirms it. I still think it’s a bit weird that he’s talking about it but whatever. It’s not really something I’m ultimately concerned about.

Like I said, don’t you find the Pires part even weirder? He was the one who first came out and contradicted Wenger’s lies in the media.