Alexis Sánchez

Fuck, that’s not nearly as bad as I thought it was when I saw it this morning. Apologies. And, fuck…

anyone thinking he cant be replaced is mistaken. Talent without effort is pointless.

1 Like

load of bollocks by far our best player

we would be mid table without him

do me a favour mate

1 Like

being our best player and being irreplaceable are not the same.

2 Likes

He’s been playing as a CF most of the season in a free attacking role so the statistics are largely explainable by that fact. On the left he doesn’t track back as much as he should but then no one else does (except maybe Welbeck, and haven’t really seen him on the left this season) either (ie it would seem to be more a problem in instruction than effort) and he shouldn’t be played on the left in the first place.

Anyways, rumours about Dybala wanting out of Juve and looking to go to Madrid, I’m surprised the link is with PSG and not Juventus.

i was referring to the stats you shared from sky sports

no one is irreplaceable

explain Giroud running further then?

No worries. I think he made a mistake myself but would compare it to the lack of effort happening on the remaining goals and not quite push it to new heights :smiley:

Dunno, Giroud tends to drop way too deep when we’re defending to be the ‘outlet’ or “”“link up the play”"", also comes back for corners (!!!), and also tends to run around a lot not actually pressing but just running around because, well, ‘you’re supposed to’.

If you look at the comparison from to November and after November it’s really pretty insignificant, this looks like an attempt by english media who don’t really understand statistics to just throw more wood on the fire.

Yeah, definitely a mistake, but not much worse or even probably worse than the Fábregas backheel as I was saying. I’m not sure what I saw this morning tbh, lol, I was sure he had dribbled a good bit.

they did this research at Wengers request though.

When asked why Alexis was dropped, he said the data is available to them and to make their own minds up. Which is relatively clear.

He is putting in less effort and isnt as effective.

Except he was dropped as a punitive measure, as Pires has confirmed, and Wenger has been blowing a lot of smoke up our asses and clearly would’ve started him if he could’ve, which is demonstrated by the fact that he brought him on desperately at halftime…

I’m not sure Wenger’s opinion really lends more credence to the debate anyways, considering he’s the same guy who continues to play him on the left with Giroud.

These are just the delusional positives that our manager and much of the fanbase has been banking on for years that just result in the same old failure every season. How can anyone continue to buy this sort of logic after all these years?

If stats were the reason that Wenger dropped him then that doesn’t explain why it took until the beginning of March for it to suddenly become a problem. And why Liverpool was the team it was an issue against.

I’m a bit old fashioned and prefer simple stats anyway. Like when one player is your top scorer and is on basically double what the next guy has, and when that same player is your top assister and again, basically double what the next guy is on.

Those are nice stats to me.

I’m sure Iwobi’s running stats put Alexis to shame though.

4 Likes

Alexis has officially left Arsenal. Well, on the OA desktop background he has :sanchez2:

Blimey, someone (@Bl1nk ?) didn’t wait long to get that changed now :laughing:

4 Likes

Rumours in the mirror are that Bl1nk is the not at all impressed with the Chilean’s attitude, with the Dutchman finding his timing of his strop, just before the Liverpool game, particularly disappointing.

6 Likes

All these years, AKBs kept saying there is no better manager out there to replace Wenger, so we should not.

My questions to all those “nobody is irreplaceable”, “get out Alexis” people… get me some realistic names/targets that are willing to come (after 2-10 exit???), will score as many as Sanchez, run as much (not most on Arsenal team, okay) as him, play hard most of the time (okay, not last night), and don’t have an attitude, and most importantly, our club is willing to pay the premium, to pay the market value, as replacement.

Please, get me some names.

1 Like

[quote=“ronniec, post:2005, topic:98, full:true”]
All these years, AKBs kept saying there is no better manager out there to replace Wenger, so we should not.

My questions to all those “nobody is irreplaceable”, “get out Alexis” people… get me some realistic names/targets that are willing to come (after 2-10 exit???), will score as many as Sanchez, run as much (not most on Arsenal team, okay) as him, play hard most of the time (okay, not last night), and don’t have an attitude, and most importantly, our club is willing to pay the premium, to pay the market value, as replacement.

Please, get me some names.
[/quote]Exactly.
For the money we get for Sanchez we aren’t going to get anyone other than another squad player.
Every top quality player we have sold has been replaced by a player of far less quality, or no one at all.

The other big problem of replacing Sanchez is, who is going to come to us just to play Europa League football alongside Ramsey, Walcott, Chamberlain and Giroud?

Sanchez is a match winner, so if he leaves, who is going to step up and take over as our match winner?
We have plenty of mediocre players, that’s why Sanchez sticks out as easily our best player, and that is exactly the reason he has had enough.

1 Like

alexis and ozil both joined to play with those players. why wouldnt others join?

Ozil and Sanchez were surplus to requirements at Real Madrid and Barcelona.
I doubt if Arsenal was a dream move for either of them.

If it’s so great here why are they clamouring to leave.

Do you seriously think Sanchez is happy playing alongside the likes of Giroud, Ramsey, Chamberlain Walcott, etc?
Especially after playing with the best players, for the best team in Europe.

1 Like

7 consecutive round of 16 exit in the CL, raped by Bayern and Barcelona almost every time we met, our best player Sanchez (and/or Ozil) are not willing to stay. 13 seasons without a title and we are drifting away from being a contender every single season…

I just want those people give me some realistic names… names of up and rising stars that are demanding premium wages, and give me concrete reasons why they want to come.

Griezmann is 80m+, a few days ago Torino’s owner said Belotti worth more than 120 (or 150??) mil, Dybala won’t cost less than Griezmann… and they are all easily asking 200k per week.
Okay, as you guys wish, get rid of Sanchez, nobody is bigger than the club… whom can we get? Tell me.

1 Like