Alexis Sánchez

I think this is more in shock than mocking the team there tbh. He might be off anyway but I don’t think he’s necessarily being a cunt there. Then again I turned off after the pen/red so I’m not that well informed.

Agreed. It’s “wtf allyou can do is laugh” laugh

2 Likes

I think I broke into a mild chuckle at 8-2 and an unashamed giggle at 9-2

10-2 pissed me off tho, was offside :grimacing:

1 Like

Laughing on the bench is a touchy subject because the players are human and the scoreline was so ridiculous I think human nature is to laugh.

However part of the Alexis mythology is that he hates losing and never gives up and blah blah blah blah. He was awful tonight, coughed up the ball near his own box leading to a goal, totally quit on that play btw and then had a chuckle on the bench. It wasn’t cool of him to do that and it’s pretty clear that he’ll be gone in the summer.

He’s a great player but I don’t know that he’ll find the star role he’s looking for somewhere else. Maybe at Juventus, but I doubt Dybala is going to play second fiddle to Alexis.

1 Like

Imagine if Ox, Ramsey or Wenger were laughing: earthquake on this space.

Sanchez did this: champion and winning mentality.

6 Likes

Was he really laughing? I thought it was just a grimace but on second look it does seem he is? But if so that’s a really impressive fake job with that little disappointment gesture he does. Tbh didn’t think Alexis was that clever (he is Peruvian after all). :grimacing: Also Cech is laughing too, couldn’t they just be having a joke about something not to do with football?

All in all, strange thing to get worked up about. Luca I <3 you.

Can’t remember the last time he hasn’t been shit when playing on the left with Giroud in the middle. Rather amazed that Arsène hasn’t figure this out yet.

3 Likes

Giroud probably lets Arsene use his Tinder account.

1 Like

Or they could be laughing at themselves, which would be totally justified.

1 Like

Buddy, I laughed when I saw the score this morning. I can’t believe my club is so shit. I can’t believe we claim to be a big club and yet get routinely hammered by the true big clubs and a few small ones too. It’s a joke and you need to laugh at a good one.

As for Sanchez, I think that is more of “can’t fucking believe this shit” kind of smile. The man joined us from Barca where he had exceptionally high standards. With each passing game, the reality of his current situation is hitting home harder and harder.

1 Like

Said this after other shit games, NOBODY gets a fucking pass on these kind of results.
Great attitude, world class player etc. Well it hasnt been on fucking show here has it.
Been part of the collective fucking fail of the last 3 campaigns in europe, so he can keep his head down. Let the eulogising begin.

1 Like

This laughing thing is being looked into too much. It was a sarcastic gesture at best. He is not literally laughing in our faces.

And anyway if you can’t laugh at our current situation, you’ll only end up crying!

3 Likes

Jesus, just saw the second goal. Why is that not being talked about instead of this smile/grimace bollocks? That’s an absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable action from Alexis. That kinda thing isn’t permissible in a pick-up game amongst friends much less this level.

Wenger was right to say the referee killed the game and it was a scandalous decision but that doesn’t give you an excuse to go and do that.

1 Like

Just watched the rest of the goals and all of them have some shockingly lazy defending by our players, especially ones that were subbed on. Losing it in the way Alexis did isn’t acceptable though.

2 Likes

It’s not only not acceptable it’s just really, really stupid. I can’t even begin to think what his idea was there, except, well, I don’t want to hoof the ball so I’m just going to improvise here. Makes the Fábregas backheel look conservative in comparison. At least you could see what his idea was in that case.

I can only imagine that he wasn’t aware of Robben making a really smart run behind his back to get on his opposite side, though he should have just cleared it straight away instead of taking it off Lewy’s foot as Ribery was waiting too.

a very coquelin-esqe performence from our man.

2 Likes

I would suggest that mistake and performance was someone not fully focused.
His head might well be gone here.

For the second time in a row?

Are we talking about the same play, lol? Didn’t take that much intelligence from Robben to see Alexis was being retarded, and once he’s cut in on his right he was always just gonna keep going that way. And take what off Lewy’s foot? He dribbled from the left wing into our own area, haha, that’s the problem…like I said, pretty shocking action, and makes Fábregas’ backheel look lite in comparison.

This one? Or is there more to it. I switched off after the penalty so I dunno lol

Wasn’t Lewy, but Thiago. mb