Alexis Sánchez

I read a different article, apologies.

It is a bit of a weird one, though, tbh, you don’t really see Alexis as especially liked or good friends with anyone in the dressing room, and while you might put that down to language, there’s no lack of spanish speakers. He was well-liked at Barça and didn’t seem the type who would, according to that article, shower after being subbed off and leave before any of his teammates had gotten back, but either it’s false or I guess he’s just found himself feeling the club (in it’s current state) is a bit too small for him.

1 Like

Yeah. Spartacus hes not.

1 Like

Looking at how @Maxi_Gooner and a few others are going about it, calling him unprofessional, they are succeeding at it too. Alexis Sanchez is not the problem here.

The first step in improving is admitting something is wrong. Being confronted with the wrongs is a part of that…

2 Likes

I’ll preface this by saying that really none of us have a clue what has truly happened.

But I don’t think what is being said is entirely unbelievable. We’ve been in this situation before many times, when a player is decided upon leaving and/or not signing a new contract. I could be wrong but I don’t remember Wenger ever deciding to drop Fabregas, van Persie, Adebayor, Nasri or Sagna etc, especially not when we’re in a tough top four battle and facing a rival in a very important match.

As far as I remember Wenger utilised all of these players as much as he could without a hint of pride or annoyance creeping in and causing him to drop the player to make a point or display his power as the boss. He played van Persie in every game because he was by far our best player and we really needed the points, similarly to how Alexis is our best player by a distance now and we need his goals and assists because every point will be crucial for the rest of the season.

I think it is perfectly possible for us fans to be on hashtag team Alexis and totally accept his frustrations with Wenger/the club/his teammates and see why he wants to leave, but accept the possibility that he over stepped the mark and might have behaved unprofessionally.

I don’t know why it has to be quite so black and white in that we either fully support Alexis no matter what happened and dismiss anything negative said as the clubs PR campaign, or go the other way and say that we don’t want players who behave that way and that if any player wants to go they can fuck off, I’ll hold the door open for them etc etc.

8 Likes

I’m just wondering what the benefit of dropping him was. If it was a power play then he should have been left at home, like we don’t need you.

But we were always going to need him so subbing him on at half time (I honestly can’t remember Wenger doing an unforced half time sub in years so that makes it extra special) surely sends the opposite message, that we’re desperately reliant on him to save us and he’s effectively above the rest of them.

9 Likes

This is a valid point about Wenger’s transfer policy. Who knowns how many talents we let go by for the sake of Sanogo’s progression.

RVP was a more damaging loss.

1 Like

Echoes my thoughts exactly.

It’s like telling a kid off by sending them upstairs to their 50 inch TV and PS4 with a bag of sweets.

It’s just point blank half hearted, either drop him from the squad completely or play him in the knowledge the team is better with him in it.

3 Likes

Think it was more Giroud’s progression, tbh. Don’t think Sanogo really blocked anyone, except maybe at youth level we should’ve bought someone like Malen a year earlier. :grimacing:

All is well with the world. There has been a handshake between Sanchez and Wenger. In front of all the cameras and journalists who are there for the open training session too, fancy that.

3 Likes

Oh god. How staged haha.

That pic is the equivalent of the kiss of death

i wish papers / football would stop this soap opera bullshit.

9 Likes

Just looks like your everyday run of the mill drug deal to me.

3 Likes

Probably both realised how retarded this whole thing was.
He’s still off though.

load of dribble to sell papers

sure there a plenty of disputes and disagreements in football on a daily basis -

1 Like

Yep, handshakes can signify a reconciliation.

Though in my day to day life I tend to offer my hand when I say hello…or goodbye to someone.

Basically it tells us nothing other than the club is trying to portray happy families. Well clearly that’s a steaming pile of shit- but we’re fucking morons who’ll fall for this aren’t we. I’m getting really sick of the endless bullshit spewing from this club to manipulate us. They think they’re so fucking clever and fans will continue to lap it up. Well I say fuck em. Fuck em all.

I’ll always support Arsenal, but I’m really struggling to like anything about the club atm. I just want the endless cycle to stop. And before anyone offers sage wisdom, highlighting that I should be careful what I wish for, well, I’ve considered it and after absolutely no deliberation whatsoever, I say bollocks to the consequences. Bring it on.

Victoria Concordia Crescit. (Just make sure you mumble the first bit for the time being.)

5 Likes

Wenger is hardly gonna say ‘‘yeah the little bitch stormed out so i dropped him for the lolz own3d’’

This PR crap is getting tedious now.

1 Like

True, but could have just said “there was an incident but it’s resolved and we’ve moved on now.”

Denying it just feeds into it and keeps it on play for the papers.

3 Likes

1 Like