Alexis Sánchez

Unless we somehow turn this round and start putting the same level of team performances that Sanchez puts in consistently on his own, or guarantee a couple of world class signings that are at his level, he won’t be hanging around.

Like Cesc, Henry, Nasri, RVP etc, you can only tolerate mediocrity for so long before moving on to a more ambitious club.
Unfortunately for the supporters we have to tolerate it and there is not much we can do about it.

Sanchez didn’t exactly play well either last night.

Both he and Ozil are equally as culpable as Giroud, Coquelin, Mustafi etc.

The only stand out player was Ramsey, because he just turned into a blind paraplegic.

1 Like

Held onto the ball for far too long at times last night but in his defence the movement for much of the game was so dire it’s almost like he barely had too many viable options.

1 Like

Yeah obviously he’s not going to play well every single game but it would be deflating when you have been the best player in the League until the end of January and your still no hope of a title.

Reminds me of FIFA’s player career mode. Wants the ball everywhere on the pitch and tries to engineer something in every moment he has possession. Exclusively plays progressive passes. Whether that’s always the right option or not is down to anyone’s game interpretation. Would rather he maintained his place in the centre. He would be a top SS in a two striker system.

Sanchez knows he is the only world class player in the team, possibly with the exception of Ozil, who hasn’t been at that level much this season.
So he has to compensate by doing a lot of the work and dictating the play himself.

This means that he then ends up being out of position himself and diluting what he should be doing in his preferred position.

We must get him at least two top quality attacking players to play with him.
We need a replacement foe Cazorla and, if Sanchez is going to be our main striker, a top quality winger.

If we have any more performances like against Watford, we will be looking for more than just two top quality players, we will be looking for a replacement for Sanchez as well.

This guy must be thinking I gotta get the fuck outta here…

P.S.G. aren’t such a great upgrade on us, tbf. They have no chance of winning the Champions League. Bayern would be a good shout for him, instead.

1 Like

Definitely with the exception of Özil, I agree he hasn’t been great this season, but world class he is.

Sánchez was good yesterday for me, as soon as Giroud came off. With Giroud in there it was typical annoying Sánchez with Giroud in the middle, holding the ball up on the left and floating in hopeless crosses for lack of better options. It’s literally the same every time he plays with Giroud and tbh it’s the number one reason Giroud really should be nothing but a super sub, yesterday was the last time I’ll ever say it makes sense to start Giroud, even against a likely parked bus at home.

1 Like

He’s even stopped passing to Ozil as much as he used to. Many times we had Ozil on the right channel and he opted to go direct instead of giving Ozil the chance to whip one in.

He needs to chill seriously lost the ball way to many times, didn’t release the ball quickly enough on top of it

1 Like

If you want to leave just leave. His attitude has been very poor recently.

3 Likes

He was not far off the worst player on the pitch today. Made so many wrong decisions and was lucky to not get dragged off.
Yet another big game away hes died in.

3 Likes

Was very poor, the way he dwells on the ball doesn’t get punished that much but very nearly did after a corner in the first half.

Releasing the ball at the right time is such an underrated trait in footballers.

I love sanchez but that really pisses me off about him, he would score and assist much more and get us in better positions if he wasnt so fucking selfish and held onto the ball far too long.

Probably his worst game for the club I’d say.

1 Like

Someone said he’s going to re-sign??

Worst game but I still wish him to join a big club to win some trophy.

2 Likes

He first needs to be less selfish. Conte or Simeone would have already benched him.

He was terrible today. There were times I forgot he was on the pitch. Played a lot of sloppy passes and ran down blind alleys.

1 Like