Alexis Sánchez

Any more word on Sanchez staying/going or is this just now the Juventus v. Arsenal thread?:sanchez2:

1 Like

Would be interesting to find out (bring back the Anglo-Italia, 90s fans :sunglasses: ) but i’d be willing to bet the likes of Atalanta, Fiorentina and Torino (7th/8th/9th) would be able to put away Derby, Fulham, Preston (equivalent Championship league position)

Perhaps the gap is closing all the time with the filtering down of half decent players willing to ply their trade in the Champo, because of the wages available. But at the moment i’d still say it’s a stretch to compare it with some of the established top leagues.

That said, I’ve heard arguments from people who reckon the bottom half of the Prem and, say, top half of the Champo is much of a muchness and that if you put all of them in a league together it would be close fought.

Not necessarily saying you are wrong. Just that your example wasn’t reasonable.

I have to admit it, I’m missing this point, too. Completely.

1 Like

I was being pretty vague but I think people have to accept that beyond maybe 8 teams in the seria A juves opposition is allot weaker than it is for the top 6/7/8 teams in the premiership so using the comparison of domestic success to try and prove juve have a better team/squad than us isn’t particularly helpful

Too fucking right. All this crap belongs in the Continental topics.

Fulham beat juve 4-1 in 2010

Fiorentina beat Tottenham 2 seasons ago. And Napoli beat City in 2011. Beat Chelsea too the following season. Juve beat City home and away last season.

All of this who beat who doesn’t mean anything. Anybody can beat anybody.

Here’s a link for you http://www.eurocupshistory.com/match/confrontation/ENG-ITA/england_against_italy_in_uefa_club_competitions

Over all English teams edge it and the bottom end of the list showing the current era it’s quite one sided really

I would really like you to elaborate on this as it seems quite a bold statement. I will admit Milan was a super power (although I am a little hesitant to name as super power any club that allowed a ridiculous Liverpool side starring Jerzy Dudek as their number one goalkeeper be crowned as champions of Europe) during the quoted time-frame but to say Italian clubs dominated Europe at that stage is by far stretching it.

Actually I would say the first 10 years of the 21st century have been in parts dominated by Spanish, German or English clubs but barring a single season (2002/03) that featured 3 Italian teams into the last 4 of CL football, there is nothing to support such a bold claim as yours.

After a quick tally since 2005 English teams have won 35 games and Italian teams have won 25 games with a few draws I didn’t count

Remember when United beat Roma 7-1 :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Juventus are a better team than Arsenal. Juventus would beat us any day of the week - some of us are just too proud to admit it.

Arsenal haven’t been past the last 16 stage since God knows how long.

They have a better squad, end of.

Once we lose Ozil/Sanchez - no chance we’re keeping both of them, we’d fall even further behind.

1 Like

How can that be the case if Arsenal R DA Best though?

5 Likes

Gerrard going down like he was shot, and puyol the next season is how that kind of fuckery happened.

You got me there! :arteta:

If the English clubs ‘dominated’ during the 2000s (first 10 years of the 21st century) the Italians did so too. Milan and Inter won three Champions League during that time and the Premier League two. What Barcelona did to United f.e., that is closer to what domination is. Going far in the competition is not domination.

1 Like

I must admit; i like him, but by my understanding of world class he isnt there.

@Gio what makes you say that buddy?

5 Likes

ITS SO FUCKING BAD. But atom and humber though. <3

1 Like