Alexis Sánchez

I have a plan for the future to prevent Alexis having a meltdown when subbed .
We can have his dogs there at the touchline to greet him and then he can take them for walkies round the pitch . A Member of Red Action can run behind with a branded plastic bag to scoop up any poo . The Poo will be taken the to Rocket where the Red Action faithful can smear their genitals with it after the match !

1 Like

We should be on par with Juventus given our resources but sadly this isn’t the case.

1 Like

I never used the how many league titles argument because it isn’t an argument I’d use to justify my point. It’s just sheer delusion to suggest that we’re better than a team that are arguably in the top 4/5 teams in Europe.

And it goes to show your sheer ignorance of the league that you think Everton would finish above Roma/Napoli. Both of which have excellent managers and good squads.

Napoli have a very strong chance of eliminating Real Madrid in the CL due to their style of play and their manager.

But I’d be willing to hazard a bet that you’ve probably never watched Napoli play under Sarri so wouldn’t know that the brand of football they play isn’t that dissimilar to the team currently occupying second place in the league at the moment.

As for your “some of the players on the list aren’t that great” - you’re correct. But outside of Ozil, Sanchez, Kosh & Bellerin we have a pretty average squad.

7 Likes

Tuttosport is Juventus’s newspaper. Not reliable.

1 Like

Yawn. I disagree with you - get over it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see the purpose of posting on a discussion board if you have no intentions of actively engaging in discussion.

Don’t share your opinion if you don’t want to be challenged.

Especially not when it’s as deluded as the one you posted.

3 Likes

Yea most of those are average. No I’m not saying we’re better but there’s not much in it and we’re significantly richer. They aren’t as good as they used to be either.

Nah he isn’t going Juve, because they aren’t splashing 300k a week wages on him.

He’ll be guaranteed a title in the retirement league, yes.

Just NO

Who’s average?

Buffon? Bonucci? Chiellini? Barzagli? Higuain? Marchisio? Dybala? Mandzukic? Pjaca? Pjanic? Alves? Sandro? Khedira??

Rugani?? Kean???

Who is average?

1 Like

They suggested this on Arsecast this week. I approve. :grin:

1 Like

I have already explained my position - you have evidently taken offence. I am one of the few optimists on this message board and it is aggression like yours which makes it a pretty grim place a lot of the time.

The whole thing is utterly moot too - we have never played each other in recent memory (beat a strong Juventus team with a fairly poor Arsenal side in '06 too) and aren’t in their poor league. ‘Deluded’ is an utterly absurd accusation, therefore - believing Napoli will beat in Madrid over two legs is far more deluded if we’re nitpicking.

We have achieved big results in Europe - it is not unreasonable to say we could run them close. Far worse Arsenal sides have run far better Bayern sides close in the last few years.

Stop aggressively defending an irrelevant Juventus outfit on an Arsenal forum, support ‘your’ team and don’t petulantly attack people just because they believe in the side a lot more than you do.

5 Likes

Really ? Im stunned ! Im not sure if its good or bad to have other idiots like me out there !

1 Like

Aggression :joy:

Anybody can beat anybody head to head but to say we’re on par or better than them is you expressing an opinion you have to be prepared to back up on a discussion board.

Getting ultra sensitive because I called you out on it probably means youre a bit too sensitive to be sharing your opinion with anyone.

And sorry I forgot the forum was reserved strictly for talking about all things arsenal in a positive manner and not discussing anything non related to how good Arsenal are and how optimistic we should all be to make this forum a happy place for yourself.

2 Likes

How was he aggressive?
Or was it he didn’t agree with what you said.

I don’t think what he posted was aggressive but your post was certainly sarcastic and condescending.

But I suppose that’s ok because you are optimistic and don’t like people who dare to criticise Wenger or the club.

4 Likes

Average as in they’re about the same standard we have, they aren’t outstanding. Listing all their players when they’re about the same standard as if they’re stand outs doesn’t run true. Most of those players aren’t as good or fit as they used to be either.

They’re a team full of old players and joining an old team that needs re-building isn’t the best career path, see the Manchester clubs currently.

:eyes:

Our squad is on a similar level to Juventus IMO, they have the superior manager though. Wouldn’t be all that confident if we faced them in the CL.

2 Likes

@RichardDeP @aw49 marchisio would be the first midfielder on the team sheet, dybala and higuain are a better two than Alexis and giroud, and bonucci barzagli and chiellini are better overall as a group than kosc mustafi and Gabriel. Buffon is better than Cech too no doubt. Even on the wings with Alex Sandro and Dani Alves they’re better equipped than Arsenal with ox and iwobi.

I hate juventus, I really do, so if there’s a chance to criticise them believe me I’ll be the first to do it, but you’re both clearly criminally underrating what a team they have.

5 Likes

Just to clarify…Only the part about having the dogs there. The rest is all you :joy:

1 Like

Cazorla would be the first midfielder on the team sheet and let’s not leave Mesut Ozil out of the discussion. Gabriel doesn’t start for us. Juve midfield is far from elite after losing Vidal and Pogba.

2 Likes

Well to be fair, the guys on arsecast were even worse. To get round the no dogs policy they suggested blinding Steve Bould so he could have Atom and Humber as his guide dogs. Not sure why they picked Bould though – one of our fringe players would be a better option, some of them play like they don’t have eyes anyway!

2 Likes