Alexis Sánchez

Arsene wants to win titles too, so I see no difference.

Well everyone wants to win Titles Im sure including Hull, Sunderland etc, but when you label 4th place a trophy it probably does not bode well with top quality players and their ambitions.

1 Like

@Aussiegooner :smile: jesus man. You are like a 13 year old emo.

Do people in other areas of your life pickup on what can only be described as some sort of melancholic personality disorder?

Funnily enough I’m actually fairly positive and upbeat in regards to other aspects of life :joy:

I said it ages ago he is like Eyor from winny the poo, I read all his post in that voice it’s great fun

Tbf to Wenger. Guardiola said this recently aswell for Manchester City.

2 Likes

We don’t really have an issue signing top players. Xhaka was highly rated, he’s not living up to it but he was a “top” signing at the time. Mesut, Sanchez, etc. I think your concern should be what we are paying them as that’s more an issue than the so called stigma of us always finishing 4th, which is bull shit anyways.

Want to win title
Actually going to win title
Do what it takes, have what it takes to win title

Some just can’t distinguish them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saying that the top four is a trophy was bad wording and awful PR, but in essence he was saying that it is an achievement and important for any club, which is correct. I think people need to get over it at this stage, years down the line.

5 Likes

Further, managers of Arsenal, Man United and now Man City have likened it to a trophy.

One of which (Pep) is looked upon by many as the best manager in world football. So quite frankly, this needs to die.

3 Likes

I reckon we are gonna offer them between 200 and 210.

I suppose those clubs don’t have a 13 year league title drought under the same management regime though.

1 Like

It’s not mutually exclusive.

The view that 4th and above is as important as a trophy isnt a result of a trophy drought.

Edit: have i used mutually exclusive correctly?

It’s not going to happen. It has become a meme that is equally as much carried by the media these days to the point that even managers will buy into it while merely meaning that it is as you say just an achievement.

1 Like

I think the swap rumor is bullshit because most swap rumors are bullshit. However I do think Arsenal may end up accepting an offer from Juventus if Alexis refuses to sign a contract this year.

No matter what Arsene says publicly (remember, he said we wouldn’t sell Nasri AND that Spanish midfielder in the same summer but we did anyway) I think the board won’t want to let Alexis run his contract down and possibly end up at Chelsea. Better to control the destination a little bit if a renewal is off the table.

A move to Juventus would suggest to me this isn’t money motivated then. Compete this year and I reckon he stays. I’d say we’re on a par with Juventus quality wise. Possibly better?

You’re kidding aren’t you?

Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Benatia, Rugani, Pjanic, Marchisio, Rincon, Higuain, Dybala, Mandzukic, Alves, Sandro, Khedira, Cuadrado, Pjaca, Kean…

In what world are we on par or even a better team than them?

4 Likes

seriously how many titles have we won lately compared to them.
Champions League final as well. Christ finishing 2nd to Leciester really floats some peoples boat.

Was Wenger the one that sanctioned the sales of Nasri and Fabregas? I don’t think he was.

Some of the players in that list are not great.

I think it would be a close run thing head to head. From that CL final team they’ve lost Pogba / Vidal who were absolutely key.

‘How many league titles’ is a poor argument - look at the top teams in that league compared to the PL. I’d wager neither Napoli / Roma would come above Everton in our league and I don’t think that’s me being hoodwinked by the ‘best league in the world’ bollocks.