Alexis Sánchez

I’m becoming pretty convinced we’re just not offering him (and Ozil) the money they want. Without knowing the details it’s hard to comment on that one way or the other but it really would be shameful to lose them for that reason alone.

Yeah there are many more quotes, they are taken from an interview which you can watch on the Arsenal website or Youtube. I don’t know how to add the video.

He seems pretty settled to me though. Must just be a money issue or uncertainty over the manager.

1 Like

He bigged up Ozil or you want him to tell people that how great Ramsey and Ox are and would love to play alongside with them??

How are you going to take Messi and Ronaldo off the field if they want to stay on?
Sanchez is no Messi and Ronaldo, but he is just like them, the best player of the team, the hardest worker on the team. Best player on the team gets special treatment (and gets the best paid).

I’d say Wenger and him should have some better communication off the field, have a honest discussion to settle this.

Without knowing everything its a little bold to suggest Wenger is at fault for anything here.

As it stands they are indicating they want to stay. Thats all that really matters right now.

Where do people draw the line when it comes to Ozil and Alexis’ wage demands? How much is too much?

Agree, it is not Wenger’s fault. This kind of “I want to play more” issue should be handled behind the doors quietly anyway.

Sanchez and Ozil “want” to stay is one thing, what matters is, they sign the extension ASAP. The more it drags on, the more chance of having a change of mind and/or getting an accident.

We dont really know that it is dragging on though. None of us know whats actually going on so there is no need to put a negative spin on it.

Reports out saying he has been found guilty of tax fraud around £900,000…could face jail (never do though)

I forgot where I read that (newspaper or football site), Sanchez said he wanted to stay and it was up to Arsenal (management). Then on the other side, Wenger/Arsenal said they want to re-sign both players… and we had been hearing this for quite a while.

Negotiation process takes time, I understand it. However, the longer it drags on, like say they still don’t sign it towards summer, or getting into their final year of contracts, is nothing positive.

If a big club jumps in and offer something better, something bigger than us, it is not negative. It is a crisis.

They should get nearly the same as the best players in the PL.
So what ever Aguero and Pogba are on, Ozil and Sanchez are worth about about the same.

I know they are oil rich clubs, but if we don’t pay those sort of wages, another club will.
Also, the cost of replacing either of them would be far more.
We would end up with a couple of prospects, and no world class players in the team.

250k a week is a ridiculous amount of money but if you want to call yourselves a top European club then you have to have world class players.
We pay average players like Ramsey, Walcott and Chamberlain more than 100k a week, which must be insulting to Ozil and Sanchez, who aren’t on much more.
So I would suggest we pay them what it takes to keep them, because it would be a lot more expensive to replace them, and, if they leave, we won’t be able to attract any other top players here.

2 Likes

This is what i mean. You and a few others catastrophise everything. (Namely aussie and invincibledb10).

You have already mapped out and convinced yourself that this will end badly by way of another club offering money. When in reality both parties have said they are happy for Alexis to stay.

If you dont know why he hasnt signed, stop assuming its money / wenger related, stop bringing down the mood in the thread.

Just chill and be happy.

I think everybody has the right to express their own opinion and feeling here, right?
You have your right to be positive, me and some others have other opinions and feelings.

On the “Arsene Wenger” thread I already said I am “numb”… I don’t even think I am as negative as in the past 2, 3 seasons.
You can stay positive while nothing has changed, I just choose not pretending positive :slight_smile:

Jesus christ.

All i want is for you to stop jumping to conclusions and bringing the mood down. Why is that such a big deal?

Well when you tell people to be happy and not bring the mood down it basically amounts to telling people not to express their feelings, and people generally don’t take kindly to being told what they can or can’t say.

Not taking sides but just explaining why people might think it’s “a big deal”.

2 Likes

C’mon Alexis! You are one of the stars here, while you would be just “one of them” in any other big club :wink:

The thing is I’m pretty sure we have a wage structure in place which won’t allow Alexis and Ozil to earn 250k a week. Reckon they are being offered around 180 at best, possibly with bonuses or release clauses.

Not enough in this day and age especially when your not offering the lure of major honours. @Oliver indicating they want to stay also does not mean anything, players do that all the time and then walk months later.

1 Like

And players have been known to leave shortly after signing new contracts, i.e. Payet, Suarez etc. It’s no certain guarantee at all.

Again, you just choose to view everything as bleak and fucked when it really isn’t.

The reality is, Alexis is a player thats said he is happy, wants to stay and wants to win titles. Which is both positive and encouraging.

The time to worry is when he says, i dont want to stay, im not happy here. Etc.

The fact he says he wants to win Titles could be deemed a worry given our clubs ambitions. But ok we wont talk about it anymore, you think he will stay and I think he will go so we will just leave it at that.