Alexis Sánchez

He is gonna renew for sure now that we have fucked him up :mustafi:

1 Like

You seriously have got to consider applying for a job as the head of Wenger’s PR department.

If not, a stand up comedian might be more suitable. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not just the start to this season, but the fucking atrocious season we had last year as well. This isn’t just a blip. This is a systemic issue deep at the roots of Arsenal from the top down.

Sanchez couldn’t get us CL last season, he won’t get it for us this season. Especially not with the level of discord in the team at the moment.

I dunno man, we missed out on CL by like one point. I don’t think last season was all that bad either. We are definitely falling behind due to our stupid wage policy that hasn’t changed since like 1999 and terrible transfer business. Lolpool is even smarter than us nowadays which is a travesty. Losing 4 nil to lolpool is a step backwards big time. Wenger needs to go not for managing reasons but more so because he’s lost in the market and has no clue how to get good players anymore. We should hire Tuchel immediately and get a dof to make some good transfers and take the wheel from Wenger. Although who knows if our shitty transfer dealings would continue. No guarantee that they won’t.

you’re fucking deluded

we got smashed up by Watford, WBA and Crystal Palace for a start. Then take a look at both the Everton away and Man City away games - 1-0 up and turn to total pussies and losae both matches

it was an atrocious season and the FA Cup only serves as a plaster (beat 2 x non league teams) over the cracks

2 Likes

Eh, Wenger has plenty of sound bits all over the summer that he’s prepared to lose him on free and even went as far to say that he expects more and more players to run down their contract. This wasn’t a “we’ll listen to offers and then sell” situation but it was very much wanted to keep him around to get back into Champions League.

Yet he wasn’t sold until the very end and Wenger even went far out to try to convince him to stay only a week ago:

on whether the Ox has indicated whether he wants to stay…
All these conversations that I have [I say] that I want him to stay and be one of the big players of the future of this club. He is one of the players this team has to be built around in the future. Personally I want him to commit to the club and to be one of the carrier of the values of our team.

The final decision on club level certainly was very much closer to the end of the window and not far in the past. It’s possible that Ox was gone long ago but I disagree that the recent situation didn’t change things.

We had good and bad results, i mean yeah sure cherry pick the terrible ones. We were on fire in the first half of the season. Gave PSG a run for their money in CL won the group, beat most of those teams by like 3 to 5 clear goals. Stomped West Ham with Ox playing centrally lulz, Stomped Chelsea. Beat United. Beat City in the cup, beat Chelsea in the cup. I’m just as disappointed as you but seriously it’s not like we are gonna get relegated or drop to 7th like most people are saying, lol that’s actually really stupid and funny though.

Total points were pretty disappointing… all the other top 6 other than maybe Spurs and Chelsea will do better, and Chelsea were miles above us… the likelihood is that top 4 will be closer to high 70’s this year… can see us getting around 73-75, but that is pretty much just a tribute to our natural floor and the fact that after top 6, right now league is pretty crap.

I agree with some of what you have said but tbh, I dont think the first half of any season can be a barometer for it. The pressure is off then, when you get the the midway point and start to fall apart like we always do, it shows who you really are.

Ok, I’ll accept that. However how do you explain the team always rising to the moment in the FA Cup? Three years out of four is an exceptional record. We’ve got the ability to do it, Wenger has probably lost the ability to stay on these guys from August to May and motivate them tbh. I mean if you look at the way teams are nowadays all the players are mostly interested in themselves and their fame as opposed to winning. So you get a manager like Mourinho who is able to motivate players for a year to win the title, but they get so tired of him because they are divas, that they basically mail it in the following year and get him fired. We need more professionals and less asshole millionaire douche bags plays for a check.

Image our dressing room now :mustafi: :xhaka:

I think us stepping up in the FA Cup is actually a bit of a myth tbh. It sounds kind of ridiculous to say it but I’ll explain.

If you think back to all the FA cups we’ve won recently, we have had some real luck on the way.

In 2014 we almost lost the semi final to Wigan and required an almighty rescue against Hull in the final as we all know. We didn’t step up in those matches imo, we just won them in the end against inferior sides.

In 2015 we really only had to play United on the way to the final, where we slammed a relegated side.

Last season we got to the semi finals having beaten two non league sides and a Championship side in the process. In the semi finals we should’ve lost to City tbh because they hit the bar 3 times and had a goal wrongly disallowed. Theres no doubt that in the final they rose to the occasion against Chelski but if you cant get up for an FA Cup final youre probably a corpse anyway. I think a lot of them thought Wenger was off, and they themselves were off, and wanted to give a performance. I also think Chelsea had half gone on holiday already, which is obviously stupid from their end.

So a combination of lucky draws and lucky results have been matched by some top performances and weve won 3 cups recently. However, even if every performance had been top notch, the FA Cup is 6 ties to win. Its not exactly a marathon, and its clear as you said that Wenger cant do it for 38 matches anymore. I think these cup wins have been a godsend for Wenger because hes basically been getting new contracts out of them.

1 Like

Meh…gonna be 3 long months until january.

this is going to end really badly!

Hate this kind of revisionism. Has no real basis

3 Likes

It has total basis, his question was why do the players rise to the occasion in the cup and not the league. You have to win 6 matches to win the cup and some of them are against totally inferior sides.

I’m not saying we don’t deserve what we’ve done but how can you say that differentiating failure in the league from success in the cup has no basis? Let’s not be ridiculous.

Wouldn’t it be surprised if he was left out of the squad until january.

1 Like

So is anyone else not happy that we’ve not sold the best player in the league to a rival for the price of a fullback? Fuck City for low balling us and fuck Alexis thinking he can go on strike while under contract. He’ll play and play for his next contract

2 Likes

Yeah even though it isnt the best for us long term, I see no reason why we’d give him up to a rival for 60m when we’ve already made a handsome profit anyway.

Hes worth 100m in this market now as far as I’m concerned.