Alexis Sánchez

That would be more goals in him… (as he scored very few last season)

Isn’t that exactly what Burgundy said at the start of his post?

1 Like

Ahhhh. Shit. I read “I don’t think Iwobi has more goals in him.” Apologies Burgundy.

Iwobi’s finishing would have to improve out of sight for him to net 10 league goals.

3 Likes

@Burgundy I’m always interested to see if this xG stuff is just analytical horseshit or not.

In this scenario for this season how many games would Iwobi have to play/feature in for the prediction of 10 goals - all comps?

If he played a full season in 15-16 he would’ve net 10 easy. Last season when he played it was typically with Alexis and Walcott and he was more of a creator less getting into goal scoring positions, and when he did his finishing was poor, but I don’t think it’s sustainably that poor–he was a good goalscorer for the youths and showed a good finish (even if he has a weird way of finishing/striking the ball) in his first season.

1 Like

You used to hate this kid now you think he’s every bit as good of option as Mahrez?

I like Iwobi a lot now and have for a while, you gotta keep up pal. :wink:

Let’s be real man. If we do sell Alexis for 50-70M do you really think the club are going to reinvest that money back into the squad? I doubt it man. We’ll prolly spend the rest of the summer chasing Lemar and ending up with no one else leaving us back where we started.

3 Likes

His goal scoring is a legitimate concern though. I tend to agree with Wenger that it’s mental but at the same time we can’t waste time holding his hand while he finds his shooting boots. He needs to climb that mountain out on loan where it isn’t at our expense.

1 Like

Double the minutes. Maybe 10 was ambitious but it’s not unrealistic imo, last season was his age 20 season, still a lot to come from him.

1 Like

Is 10 enough though? Seems rather low with Özil in the side too and very mixed output coming from midfield.

1 Like

While I don’t disagree, would you be happy to take that risk on the belief that he could reach double figures this year?

I’m a huge fan of the kid and I love his style of play but I honestly think he either needs to go out on loan or start taking someone like Theo’s ever decreasing minutes. If Iwobi plays twice as many minutes as he did last season it signals that something’s definitely wrong.

1 Like

When talking 10 goals are you meaning in the league ? Or all competitions ?

It’s not, Iwobi like Ozil isn’t much of a forward.

The reason I’ve said multiple times I don’t like the Lemar signing.

I don’t understand why Wenger hasn’t been sweeping up anything that looks like forward talent and is young. Leipzig this summer signed Bruma & Augustin ffs.

No idea who these guys are but we should be picking up players like this from the smaller European leagues for cheap, we’ve got the money to do so.

It’s okay, we can revert to a 4-3-3, Iwobi and Lemar can battle it out for minutes, and Walcott can return to being a fixture in the XI. Amirite @Castiel ?

1 Like

Wasn’t in Paris on Friday. PSG offered Lucas Moura or Matuidi

I’d take Matuidi

https://twitter.com/Nabil_djellit/status/889119746205077504

1 Like

Same. Announce Blaise :sunglasses:

1 Like

Matuidi would improve our midfield well.

30 with a shit ton of mileage in those legs.

And Nabil Djellit is a terrible source.

1 Like