Alexis Sánchez

1 Like

tick tock

Wenger must regret not buying Mane last season, that buy looks very very very very very good now for Liverpool.

1 Like

Mane last year, Salah this year… we would be explosive and could afford to lose Sanchez… Both doable.

1 Like

Gnabry. :innocent:

Yeah… add Gnabs into that… Mane, Salah, Gnabry, Iwobi as wings… solid.

Gnabry be a solid for rotation sure. Main criteria to fill in the event of Alexis departing is someone that can win a game on their own with a moment of utterly sexual brilliance.

Need an established wide man.

If Sanchez goes, whoever we bring in is going to be a down grade.
So we would need to bring in another player as well as Lemar, if only to replace Cazorla who we really missed last season.

https://twitter.com/mattiaskaren/status/888768289333104640

When you watch how impotent our attack is without the main man it’s really starting to look like we need to keep him regardless of what highball figures get thrown our way.

Either that or a we do a complete first team rebuild and improve in 2-3 main areas.

But we all know that shit ain’t for happening during Wenger’s reign.

5 Likes

Don’t believe everything you read in the media. But wheres the fun in that

Manchester City have also been trailing the forward but appeared to have cooled their interest after the Gunners made it clear they wouldn’t sell to a league rival.

DAILY MIRROR

VICTORY.

1 Like

[quote=“Castiel, post:3761, topic:98”]
Either that or a we do a complete first team rebuild and improve in 2-3 main areas.
[/quote]Yes please.

[quote=“Castiel, post:3761, topic:98”]
But we all know that shit ain’t for happening during Wenger’s reign.
[/quote]Now you’ve spoiled it.

How does that ‘solve’ the goalscoring issue?

Btw, @Castiel. Forget about competing for the title. I’m not even sure we can compete, because of resources, if Wenger is gone tbh seeing how City is splashing the cash. Chelsea quietly dropped 100 million too. Hate to admit that.

I didn’t say it solved it, did I? I said: “If we must sell Alexis then I think a Lacazette Iwobi-Özil-Lemar front four would make the most sense.”

No, but when you identify a certain problem and give an alternative for it in the next sentence, it seems like you’re implying that’s a possible solution for said problem.

1 Like

PSG must be joking with a 35 million offer

1 Like

Yeah, but I thought I framed the statement in a way where it was clear I was talking about unfavorable/non-optimal situations (“if we must sell Alexis”… “option that would make the most sense” “Lemar is not a suitable replacement for Alexis”). Anyways, I think I explained why I would do that in that post or another, because there isn’t enough goal scoring potential in a laca, Özil, Lemar front 3, so would try and counteract that by going to a front four and bringing in another creative player who can keep up with the pace and speed of thought of the other 3, and also add some goals (he has more goals in him than he scored last season IMO). Not a perfect solution, the perfect solution is replace Alexis with Mbappe, or with Lemar and Di Maria or someone else of similar level, but I don’t see it being too feasible.

1 Like

I thought Wenger had cornered the market in low ball bids.
Clearly not.

PSG are doing a Wenger on us.

1 Like

I too think Iwobi has more goals in him. Reminds me of Sterling from a few seasons ago, often feel like he doesn’t strike the ball very well.

Looking at his shot map from last season, i don’t think 10 goals is an unrealistic total for him. I also don’t believe Lemar is any better of a goalscorer (xG agrees).

3 Likes