Alexis Sánchez

I can’t remember it being anything other than awful for Di Maria at United tbh.

What the fuck is it with United and ruining forwards

IIRC he started off very well and then fell off a cliff due to injuries and other reasons.

It’s great for Ligue 1, unless you support a team that isn’t PSG :wink:

7 Likes

35m LOL

1 Like

No chance that’s true lol. I’d trust RMC over him as he’s been very unreliable this summer

1 Like

[quote=“Phoebica, post:3725, topic:98, full:true”]
I’m not entirely against selling him to PSG, it’s certainly the lesser of the two evils. But the problem is, to my mind there is no satisfactory way of replacing him.
[/quote]You’re right to say there is no way of replacing him, because he is our most influential player in a team where is by far and away the best player, but we will have to replace him at the end of next season anyway, so as long as Wenger gets the best replacement he can, then we might as well get it sorted, rather than having a player who clearly doesn’t want to be here.

It would be an ideal situation, having three top quality midfielders with a striker who is better than what we have been used to in recent seasons, but I think Sanchez has made his mind up that he wants to go, and although it’s not his decision if he leaves or not, Wenger will probably realise that an unhappy player, who was often petulant last season, could be even more disruptive this season.

But I agree that even without Sanchez, if we bought Lemar and Mahrez, it would be acceptable.
Selling Sanchez and just getting Lemar would be down grading, and considering how much money we have, and how poor we were last season, it would be unacceptable.

Double that like the earlier price then it’s fine. Anything under than £60 mil for Alexis in this market is not worth it imo

1 Like

I agree, but if PSG offer say, 40m, then Man City come in with 50m, what do we do?
Imagine if Mourinho or Pochettino came with 60m.
I would rather sell for slightly less to a club abroad, than another PL club.

It’s not ideal, but the situation is of our own making.

Asking for £500k a week, if true who in the living fuck does sanchez think he is…that is on par with Messi and Ronaldo that is a fucking pisstake £26m per year in wages your having a fucking bubble mate.

People saying he is leaving because he is a winner, dont make me fucking laugh is willing to leave to go to a less competitive league for stupid amounts of money, the more this goes on the more is dislike this cunt!

3 Likes

Red Hot Chile Leper then.

I wouldn’t sell him then.

To sell, these prerequisites have to be filled:

A bid of £60 mil or above AND from a foreign team AND a guarantee we have a replacement ready eg Monaco willing to play ball over Lemar.

Any of these not met and I wouldn’t sell. But if they are then no reason why not.

1 Like

Lemar does not convince as an Alexis replacement, IMO, I think we’d lose a lot of goals. If we’re going to play the 3-4-3 we need someone with significant goal scoring potential next to Özil. If we must sell Alexis then I think a Lacazette Iwobi-Özil-Lemar front four would make the most sense.

2 Likes

You’re not exactly adding a lot of goals by putting Iwobi in there.

As much as I like the kid.

3 Likes

He’s almost irreplaceable really isn’t he. I can’t think of many players with that level of talent and that much application. Said it before but he’s a bit like Robinho and Gattuso mixed. Absolutely phenomenal player even if he does seem so selfish, but of course you would be if surrounded by some of the shit players he is.

1 Like

In a front four like that I think you’d create enough opportunities that Lemar and Iwobi would chip in with more than they would otherwise, and Lacazette.

Isn’t that the front 4 we’d see anyway if Alexis was sold and Lemar bought or who’s the other player you had in mind to play instead of Iwobi?

I still don’t think it would bring us back into top four when in reality we should be looking to challenge for the title.

If we go to 4 attackers over 3 then I’d want to bring in Mahrez and Lemar if we were to lose Alexis. It’s really one of those instances where you need to replace your star player leaving with more than one.

Though as we seen with RVP some times that isn’t even enough.

2 Likes

Well no, if Alexis is sold and Lemar is bought I think Wenger will just persist with the front 3 of
Lacazette
Özil Lemar

until it didn’t work.

Yeah, I agree, except I don’t think Mahrez is the answer as you do. Between paying £45m for Mahrez and just giving Iwobi the gig I’d go with Iwobi, or even (this will really have you triggered :joy:) just do a Lacazette Iwobi-Özil-Walcott thing.

But yeah, ideally we would replace Alexis with more than Lemar, definitely agree there, just don’t see who that would be.

In reality it doesn’t look like Alexis is replaceable (honestly though, I would genuinely make a run at Di María… as @Maxi_Gooner says PSG can’t keep ever winger/attacker in the world :joy:, and maybe proving himself in England, in London not in Dante’s sixth stage of hell that is Manchester, might appeal to him), so I would prefer to just hold on to him, but who knows if he’s already communicated that he wants out period, in which case it’s hard to turn down £50-60m for him…

1 Like

Ah, was going in the other direction of thinking maybe it would be someone like Walcott, instead of leaving that role completely out. I have to agree with Castiel here though, there’s not really enough goals in that set-up unless Lacazette has a monster of a season.

Best case scenario would be anyway if Wenger added 2 more players then and got rid of an additional one.

1 Like