Alexis Sánchez

I wonder if Coutinho isn’t a last minute attempt to convince Neymar of staying. Thought they are mates.

Ahhh very good shout. Perhaps! I was reading however that there are issues Neymar has with Barca behind the scenes (Messi apparently isnt too keen on him) that would lead me to think its an impasse.

Imminent warchest talk incoming then.

Just when I thought we’d finally found our testicles.

3 Likes

Henry is irreplaceable. Period. End of.

I don’t think he meant it in that sense. Obviously the dude is irreplaceable, so to speak.

He said “We’ve replaced Henry”… how else am I supposed to take it? We never even “replaced” his goal output. On top of that Henry was a leader and a talisman. He had the ability to single handedly stand a game on it’s ear. We have not had that since… and probably never will.

Why would anyone complain that he wasn’t replaced then?

Huh? I didn’t complain about anything. I just said he’s irreplaceable… I’m foncused.

Maxi was responding to whoever was complaining that we didn’t replace Henry with something to the effect of “to be fair adebayor scored 30 odd goals the season after he left then we had RVP”

Your post could have easily been directed at the person maxi was responding too if you see what I mean

That’s how it is round here these days.

You should really think about lawyering up before signing in to OA tbh.

4 Likes

Would he even get the #7 or #17 at psg? Feels strange to see him with any other number, just stay at arsenal alexis you bumder

2 Likes

Does that even happen at Arsenal? I don’t think the tea lady has her period without Wenger knowing.

Besides, if that were really to happen, I would expect (hope) that an ego maniac like Wenger would be too offended to continue at the helm of the club.

And as for the 80 million offer, if that were true, I will be very tempted to let him go. As much as I would like to keep him and see how him, Ozil and Lacazette perform together, 80 million is too good an offer to just dismiss. Would definitely have a rethink about it.

1 Like

But they really have not been worth it.

Martial - not worth it
Luke Shaw - not worth it
Renato Sanchez - not worth it
Mangala - not worth it
Stones - not worth it
Pogba - nope

These are some of transfer where amount paid was way above the ability, and none of them are yet to prove their worth.

You once said paying 35m for Shaw is okay because you get 10years of service out of him so it evens out.
But what happens when you spend most of those 10years being injured or out of form or not being good enough.

Spending big is fine but gosh for players like Walker, Mendy etc just doesn’t have explanation.
Clubs are being lazy rather than proactive imo.

It’s years of lax negotiation tactics displayed by English teams that now they are taken for granted.

Negotiation should consider both potential and current ability.
So far all transfer are being made with assumption that all young players will become world class.

Why aren’t Bayern/Barca manipulated like that?
Barca signs a better right back in Semedo for half the price of Walker from Benfica, who negotiated 40-45m out of City for Mangala.

2 Likes

I’m not entirely against selling him to PSG, it’s certainly the lesser of the two evils. But the problem is, to my mind there is no satisfactory way of replacing him.

3 Likes

I do agree. I think that if we bought someone like Lemar or Mahrez and kept Alexis the things could look very good. Alexis might even sign a new contract.

1 Like

Fuck it, let’s just play Bramall there :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, would certainly take Di María. I know swap deals equal the sum of all transfer window silliness and all that but I don’t see why that is something we wouldn’t explore…PSG can’t keep all their forwards/wide men, and Di María looks like the odd man out.

Di María Özil
Lacazette

Is not much of a drop off from Alexis, Özil, Lacazette.

I don’t think Di Maria would have any interest to come back to the Premier League tbh, especially so after him wanting to join PSG so badly.

2 Likes

is he going to be happy playing second fiddle to Neymar and Alexis though?

That’s not something I can answer, but if needed he can always play in a deeper position or one of the other players move forward to the CF spot.

Also Di Maria’s England experience in general just doesn’t make me think that he’ll ever want to go back there.

1 Like