Alexis Sánchez

Cant it be discussed with permission or anything? I thought maybe it could be that Wenger wants him to stay this season but has given the comprimise of allowing him to sort out his next club.

We’ll see how true this is, RMC are usually very good.
https://twitter.com/ActuFoot_/status/888475496165593088

50 million Euros would be about 45 million pounds… hmmmm, kind of a kick in the nuts but probably with one year left, best we could get without selling to City.

I feel very unbothered about the prospect of Alexis going to PSG tbh

5 Likes

what I find most weird is that 45m actually represents a nice little profit.

Hard to believe he moved to us for so little.

If we replace with Mahrez that is downgrade and he will cost near that amount.

Not if you factor in natural inflation, but I agree, we got him for a decent price back then.

Yea sure that could happen. But I’m not sure why the club would agree to it.

I’m personally not convinced by those reports but if we do sell I’d rather we opt for a younger guy with good upside than Mahrez who at age 26 has only really had one exceptional season.

Like it sounds a bit yer da or w/e but I have many doubts regarding Mahrez and whether he’s cut out for a top club or is just one of those guys that looks a lot better than he really is.

2 Likes

If he is leaving, save up the money and get Griezmann…mmmnnnn Griezmann, Lacazette sort out the right wing and fuck walcott off somewhere that would be awesome.

have now woken up

1 Like

Even in the last year of his contract 50m euros is not enough for Alexis. I know categorical comments on not selling players by Wenger aren’t the be all end all, but in this case I am going to choose to believe that he’s not selling, it just seems too weird to make those comments and then accept a bid that low.

8 Likes

This was always going to be the midpoint compromise. Don’t blame Wenger for ‘lying’ though, it’s all part of the game. Do blame him if he’s sanctioned this bc he’s confident of landing the replacement, but fails

mbappe is on his waaaaaaaaaaaay :henry2:

That’s true, I didn’t consider that those might’ve been just default comments to maintain value as high as possible. But they seemed a bit more than that/overly categorical to just be playing the game? (Wasn’t that what people who actually watched the press conference said too?)

1 Like

Why would anyone believe what the club/manager says about transfers? It’s all smoke and mirrors.

1 Like

Salah at around £35m was a bargain we should definitely looked at

4 Likes

He certainly is.
To Real Madrid.

Yep - he was one on my wishlist that seemed realistic.

45m should be nothing to us. We can’t replace him for that…Only benefit of this happening is it would mean he’s not going in the PL.

Would also mean Wenger is once again, a lying prick.

No worries we can blood a youngster there now, plus iwobi can also get more games :santi2:

1 Like