Alexis Sánchez

So we won’t sell him unless he puts us in the most vulnerable position in which case the fee we get for him will be shite. Cool.

4 Likes

What ever happens this can’t drag on for the whole transfer window.

Like @shamrockgooner says, we mustn’t let him put us in such a position.
He either signs a new contract or we sell him for as much as we can get and still have plenty of time to replace him.

If Wenger hasn’t learned that relying on players to sign new contracts just because he thinks they will, is ridiculous.
All that happens is, we lose a top player, don’t replace him and then watch our season go down the pan after a few games, because we go into a season under prepared.

Just get it sorted out either way.

1 Like

Tbf. When van Persie left they signed his replacements before they announced the deal with Manchester United :wink:.

There is really no excuse to wait anyway. We need a winger regardless of his departure. And we must be able to afford a creative foward, striker and midfielder without selling Ozil or Sanchez.

1 Like

i dont understand why that little nugget of information wasnt already in people’s minds anyway.

That’s how transfer requests work.

I’m afraid I’m going to need more details. I’m interested to hear your take on how transfer requests work.

Actually that is totally true, it makes it absolutely infuriating. You are telling me if he does an RVP on us you will sell him quick and on the cheap but whilst he is ‘behaving’ he stays because no fuss has been made…but you force our hand and we will get rid of you quickly to anywhere and because you forced our hand we will have no bargaining power. :facepalm: :bellerin:

The Arsenal way.

So is there any news on actual contract talks or is this delayed until he comes back from the confed cup (and probably his holiday too)?

You’re a record breakeeeerrrr

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/878356220301647872

Sam Lee is that the ex assistant manager of Liverpool? the little fat guy

2 Likes

http://www.espnfc.com.ar/story/3148250/arturo-vidal-hopes-arsenal-star-alexis-sanchez-joins-him-at-bayern-munich

Fucking apache Peruvians.

3 Likes

Bayern Munich are trying to do a Barcelona on us by getting their players to tap our best player up in the media.

I never used to mind Bayern but the more I read about them recently the more I dislike them.
To @CunningLinguist are they the most hated club in Germany?

I’d imagine Leipzig probably are tbh.

Yes, by far. In the history of the league several clubs (Gladbach, Nürnberg, HSV and so on) were successful for a period of time, but only Bayern was constantly challenging for the title. Thus, they’ve basically got rivalries with every other club, and have come out on top most of the time. Add to that the unbearable arrogance of club representatives like Hoeneß (the most hated man in German football by some distance), Breitner, Beckenbauer and Rummenigge, and the fact that Bayern do often (not more often than others, but still) buy the best players from other clubs, and you’ve got a club only their own fans like.

3 Likes

lol. Why would you swap for something worse than what you have?

Ah the so called swap deal, silly season really is among us :grin:

7 Likes

Fuck that I’d rather keep Alexis.

If Aguero could actually stay fit then I’d be all over him, he’s incredible.

1 Like

It’s kinda mad how quickly things change, a year ago most of us probably would’ve been totally down with an Agüero-Alexis swap…when we signed Alexis him turning into “our Agüero” was a dream scenario.

This isn’t one of those ‘fickle football fans’ posts, it’s just me genuinely a bit baffled at Agüero’s supposed decline, and wondering how much of it is real (certainly some of it is).

2 Likes