Alexis Sánchez

Hamann seems to be talking shit whenever I see* his name.

1 Like

Ah. I’d pretty much forgotten about that.

1 Like

Well, then stop saying his name.

5 Likes

A big player going abroad to win trophies is rare for us, so bittersweet feelings on Alexis if he goes. Appreciate his carrying of the club in 2/3 seasons. At nearly 29 he probably wants a Champions League trophy so fair enough.

1 Like

Because he is scouser.

Are Bild unreliable? They’re reporting that we’ve offered Sanchez €20m a year and that Bayern can’t compete with that.

20M of € are more or less 17M of £ = 355k p/w.

Wenger is going to have an heart attack after such a big offer.
No, Bild is a bit bullshitter.

50M is a very poor offer for Alexis given how much the market has gone up it’s the equivilent of selling RVP for 24m back then. Alexis is younger too.

Alexis is 29 this coming season and has 1 year left on his contract. £50m seems a reasonable offer.

6 Likes

They are reliable when it comes to confirmations (not so much rumors) and used to have a source within Bayern but I doubt they’d know anything about Arsenal business, much less the club offering €20m a year.

1 Like

Not when you ask ‘Who’s the best player we can get for 50m’? You can’t even buy a Morata with that money. Griezman, Aubameyang and Mbappe will cost twice that.

So 50m can probably buy you a Lacazette, who only scored 17 goals not from penalties in ligue 1 and has never scored more than 19 non penalty league goals in ligue 1. To put that in perspective Giroud got 21 non penalty goals the season before we signed him

1 Like

Bild can be reliable, they called a few of our German based transfers early in the past.

The British papers were reporting 300k a week so it’s not an outlandish claim.

Alexis is probably more important to us than Bayern, so while he’s our best player and offering him that money makes sense for us at Bayern he won’t be their best player it means 300k a week is too much for them to offer.

1 Like

That’s because they’re younger and have many years left on their contracts. Alexis doesn’t and it’s either take the £50m and use it towards a better player or let him go for free next summer if we don’t manage to tie him down. Which we probably won’t.

5 Likes

I’d rather Alexis for 1 more year, we won’t sign anyone near as good as him for years to come I don’t think. Let me watch Alexis for another season please.

1 Like

I would say keep him another year also but the risk that Chelsea or United would nab him on a free makes me sick to my stomach. If someone overseas offers 50m we should probably take it.

1 Like

And we could have yet another season like this shitty season he might be disgruntled and not have a great season, then we win nothing he pisses off for nothing to whoever he pleases at least this way Arsenal have some sorta control and will get something for him. I rather he transfers out than give him a free pass to completely fuck us over.

2 Likes

Might as well take the money as there is only going to be a negative atmosphere round here next season when the arrogant one makes his decision.
Hes obviously frustrated here and it will probably come to a falling out if he stays.

Positive signs :slight_smile:

Why whenever it is summer all of a sudden he makes his shorts like budgiesmugglers? Does he like crushing his mansack or does he kinda like plumping his meat and veg for the camera…i find it really offputting when he does piccies like this.

1 Like