Alexis Sánchez

No he already said our 2014/2015 season was a failure for him despite us winning the cup.

1 Like

It started because I made a joke/silly comment about a Sanchez/Costa swap deal. The comment was based on the fact that swap deals rarely happen compared to how often they’re discussed or suggested.

It’s all totally hypothetical, I don’t think anyone needs you to explain that swap deals rarely happen.

I agree with this.
But I feel our board will sell to the highest bidder, no matter what Wenger says, if he is even still here.
Like you say. we are desperate for a striker, and if Sanchez goes, a wide midfielder as well, which is going to cost the best part of 100m, if we are going for top quality.

If we got Willan and a world class striker, it would be just about tolerable.
But realistically we should be getting a world class striker, as well as keeping players like Sanchez and Ozil.
If we don’t, we will have definitely swapped places with spurs, and that is unacceptable.

1 Like

I just think a combination of:-

a) the silly money floating around the league now that weakens the financial Need to be in the Champion League every season from the balance book pov

b) Wenger’s selfishness perhaps working for us here, he’s got a couple more cracks left at this and can’t afford to begin a complete 6th cycle team overhaul, he really needs to keep the Crown Jewels

c) General awareness at senior level about what a mistake the RvP sale was from a tactical viewpoint. You can’t be gift wrapping Chelsea’s 2017/18 title for them before the end of this summer

might just turn the tide.

2 Likes

It might, but only if we got top four, and guaranteed him that a world class striker would be coming in as well.
His ambitions are clearly higher than ours, and he is one of the best players in Europe, and at his peak.

Why would he stay at a club that won’t be in the CL and only win the FA Cup when he could walk into almost any other side in Europe and win a lot more?

[quote=“arsenescoatmaker, post:2349, topic:98”]
As it is are big teams cast offs more desirable than next big thing type signings? I’m not sure but I miss unearthing the RVP and Cesc type of jewels.
[/quote]I agree.
We used to get players like Henry, Anelka, RVP, Cesc etc, and then they would become world class players but that doesn’t happen anymore.
I remember when we bough Cesc and RVP, they, along with Ronaldo, were considered the best young players in Europe and we had two of them.
But that was when young players like that could be bought very cheaply, and they were almost guaranteed to be good, because they were already the best at a young age.
In the modern era players who are the equivalent of Cesc and RVP are going to cost 30m or more, a bit like the 100m valuation of Mbappe.

1 Like

It’s a combination of other teams having better scouting than before and the money from Chelsea, City, PSG putting us down the pecking order of things I suppose. Still we could of got players before they blew up, like Dembele, Payet, Alderweireld, Virgil van Dijk, Mane, Eriksen, Kante (pre-Leicester) are all players we should have been able to sign cheaply. Out of those Dembele is one who could go onto be a super star type. So there are bargains to be had, we just aren’t seeing many bar Holding who looks a snip.

1 Like

Severely indeed. Class player.

This would be the type of signing for Chelsea which could put an English club among the elite in Europe again.

Exciting for them and English hopes in the Champions league.

A sheer disaster for us.

@InvincibleDB10, i do agree. The problem is that the best we can hope is Lacazette who is still a good improvement on Giroud.

1 Like

spurs or dortmund dembele? I rate the former higher, even if the latter has some great potential.

Celtic one is pretty good aswell :wink:

Rumours are that we are looking at him…might be a good option for us

Buying him for £30mil - £40mil when we could have got him on a free transfer.

Totally Arsenal.

3 Likes

I feel like it’s the opposite. I don’t think we’ve ever done something like that, the Wenger thing to do would be to stubbornly not pay for a missed target because 30 million plus wouldn’t fit with Wenger’s notion of value considering what he could have previously got him for.

Fucking hell, that was all a bit embarrassing. Initially took that ball to the face like a champ then threw away his man card.

1 Like

Didn’t hit him in the face

1 Like

Embarassing tonight.

The more I watched the replay the more I thought it did actually catch him a bit after coming off his back shoulder.

If not his little lip dab acting was on point and was some method la liga theater art.

1 Like

That play acting is as bad as this old classic :arteta:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/20141110/5135527/rivaldo-fake-o.gif

Yeah Sanchez pulling a Rivaldo! Embarrassing!

He had a bad game tonight.