Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Laca is an out and out 9, something we have missed.

1 Like

The French Walcott?

One of them runs around the pitch like a meth-head who’s misplaced his pipe, and the other is Lacazette.

Not my first choice striker but I’d gladly have him as long as we’re not selling Alexis.

A front three of Alexis-Laca-Ozil looks interesting in the 3-4-3. Welbeck-Laca-Ozil looks pretty shit.

3 Likes

We will have finally a serious number 9 since the departure of Josè Antonio Reyes.

1 Like

He’s decided that he wants to have a good chance of starting for his current club, nothing more.

Think SDGooner’s statement was more accurate tbh, if anything Walcott probably had a better chance of being a starter as a striker going into last season with Welbeck injured, and Alexis not until then a realistic option as CF.

Nah I think that’s nonsense.

He spent ages banging on about wanting to be a striker, and then a season later he reneged and said he’d be happy playing out wide, because he made no waves up front.

2 Likes

Indeed…and he came out and said it himself, how he wanted to focus on being a RW, because that’s where he was comfortable. Wenger later referred to how Walcott would’ve been an option at CF but decided he was more comfortable on the right.

[quote=“Maxi_Gooner, post:968, topic:184, full:true”]
We will have finally a serious number 9 since the departure of Josè Antonio Reyes.
[/quote]Let’s just hope Laca, doesn’t start feeling homesick or get tricked by a Madrid radio station :gunnersaurus:

It’s a damning indictment of our (rumoured) activity so far that I’m starting to get hyped about signing this guy.

5 Likes

Or a damning indictment of your own activity. :kissing_heart:

I cant help but agree too…i just dont feel (may he prove me so badly wrong) Lacazette is going to get us any closer to winning the EPL, he might be a step up but we dont need a step up we a huge fucking leap to get where we are wanting to get to (as fans anyway) and i just dont feel that lacazette has what it takes to get us there!

don’t get me wrong Lacazette is a decent striker and has scored tons of goals in Ligue 1 (loads of penalties though) but he isn’t an elite striker that we should really be looking at, probably on about the same level as Giroud and better then Perez and Welbeck. Still I will get behind him if we sign him and hope he can take us to that next level

We could sign Messi and we still wouldn’t win the PL, the issues go far deeper than merely a striker.

Now pipe down and join me on the hype train!

I don’t even know what that’s meant to mean

Of course you wouldn’t, you think Suárez is a racist.

Like yourself Suarez is a racist.

At least you’re consistent in calling people you know almost nothing about or have never met in real life racists. :thumbsup:

Hopefully it’s not you eating the humble pie :eyes:

Low quality bait. Almost as poor an effort as most of your puns.