Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

He’d do well for us imo , looks composed in font of goal (Welbeck really doesn’t), and he’s far more mobile than giroud, all be it nowhere near the presence.
He’s definitely more suited to a high pressing game then OG too.
Maybe unfair to include Perez, because we haven’t got a clue what he’d be capable given a decent run of games

1 Like

Laccazette 15 goals in 47 appearances in European competition, a few of them would be penalties also.

So the fuck what?! Would be good to have a clinical penalty taker.

What I’m saying is when he’s come up against top European sides his goal scoring record is just below 1 in 3, hardly top class is it ? Most of those probably padded against average Europa opposition also, wonder what it is in the CL ?

15 in 47 isn’t great, 1 goal every 3 isn’t Arsenal standard. Mbappe scored 6 in 9 in his first season, at 18 :eyes:

3 Likes

Arsenal is not going to replace Sanchez with a player of similar stature or quality. It will always be looking like we’re downsizing.

2 Likes

We all know we should get Mbappe. But he’s simply not going to come here.

1 Like

Against the likes of City. Dortmund and Juve.

1 Like

If we sign him, great. He’ll definitely score goals. Just a pity we didn’t sign him last season or the season before.

1 Like

Higuain for example didn’t have a great record in European competitions until recently and he’s world class.

It’s not like we’ve got a hope in hell of winning the CL anyway, heck we’re most likely not going to have back to back seasons in the CL for the foreseeable future.

The question is can score goals in the league? And the answer is a resounding yes.

5 Likes

I’m not so sure about that. He gets a lot of time and space in Ligue 1 imo. I don’t know if he’ll get that in the Premier League.

If the likes of Vardy can find the space to score goals he can too.

And he’s not one dimensional like that tbh.

I’d still welcome Lacazette as he has pace and finishing. 2 main requirements for a striker. His European record ain’t great but that may change with better players around him, more service.

4 Likes

Vardy’s 24-goal season might aswell be an one-off. I’m not claiming he’s one-dimensional. I don’t think he’s either. But the main difference between the Premier League and the Ligue 1, I think, is the change of pace. It has too be seen if he can adapt to that imo and score 20 goals a season.

I have a hard time believing Wenger would sanction a £50m deal for a mediocre player that’s just a half decent finisher.

I still have enough faith in the guy that if he does make that kind of move, it’ll probably be because he sees an improvement there and a player that he can utilise and get some improvement from. Wenger won’t be moving on someone like Giroud (reportedly) to bring in just some guy.

If Arsene believes, I believe :hipster:

I’d normally think the same of Wenger regarding the price. But the market has changed, man. If you want a top tier forward, your Higuain’s, Suarez, Greizemann’s etc, you’re looking around 80m easy. 50m for Lazazette seems about right.

1 Like

Your are better off going all out and paying 80-100 for someone at the absolute top tier, but I supppse as a club we have dragged ourselves down to mediocrity so convincing someone of that ilk is near impossible.

2 Likes

Desperation does strange things with a man :wink:.

I wouldn’t like to say we have become an afterthought for the players we need, but for any player we need he has 7 or 8 clubs which are a much more attractive destination. These days clubs also don’t mind to just buy and bench players.

Yeah is Laca really going to propel us to regular title contention? So stupid to drop that kinda money on someone who Wenger’s never been sure about and who won’t take us to the next level

Even with Laca I cannot say with confidence that we’ll finish top four. Liverpool, City, Utd bringing in quality additions.

1 Like

Should he just enter the season with Giroud and Welbeck then? Because the bigger names we’re not getting.