Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Ligue 1 is very competitive especially recently, the contrary is a myth.

All the stuff about being PL proven gets overblown IMO, Lacazette may not be world class but he’s been consistently improving over the past couple of seasons and has adapted to a variety of playing styles.

He’s better than we have and although I’d rather Wenger go balls to the wall and go after PEA for example but Lacazette would be a good signing overall.

1 Like

I agree.
Lacazette is not a bad signing but Wenger has got himself in this mess.
The fact that we are not playing CL football is down to him, and because of his dithering and tight fisted approach to transfers we are no longer going to attract the top strikers and will have to pay more for decent, but not a world class striker like him.
Like you I would prefer Aubameyang but I don’t see that happening.
Lacazette looks like the striker we have waited over four seasons for.

2 Likes

What’s crazy is United bought our world class striker, eventually replaced him with another one in Ibra and are now poised to buy a potential world class striker again.

Meanwhile we’ve brought in Giroud, Podolski, Welbeck and Lucas.

You would’ve thought we’ve been getting trolled by Wenger.

2 Likes

prices for every player have gone up. Ridiculous to say Wenger dithered and now the price has gone up, when every club has this.

More than four seasons without replacing RVP is dithering.

2 Likes

but we did replace him. It not meeting expectations isnt the same as not replacing him at all.

Replacing him with an academy player can also be said as replacing him.

You replace world class with world class or at least close enough.

In no way did we replace RVP, both Giroud and Podolski were supposedly brought in to play alongside him.

United, Chelsea, Spuds, Everton, City, and Liverpool have all had better strikers than us over the last few years and still do. Wenger has definitely dithered.

2 Likes

Van Persie was forced out of the club

2 Likes

Fuck this thread is going to be interesting if he does end up signing for us.

1 Like

Who was our top scorer this season and what position did he play?

You know the guy, out performed virtually every striker in the league bar Kane.

Who could that be. hmm.

Indeed.

Alexis probably played 60 % upfront and 40 % on the wing ?

1 Like

I can’t believe that you’re still arguing that Sanchez was our RVP replacement. He’s spent virtually his entire Arsenal career playing out on the left. Just because we signed someone who has plugged our goalscoring gap doesn’t mean he constitutes as a replacement for RVP.

You sign a striker to replace a striker.

11 Likes

Lequippe have said Chelsea and Manchester United are keeping informed of his situation aswell.

There you go is he still an average poacher who no top clubs want?? :joy::joy:

I don’t know about you, but I’m excited about potentially signing Lacazette. I think Mbappe was always a long shot, but shouldn’t cloud the fact that Lacazette could be very good for us. Get it done Arsene.

1 Like

The boy scores goals, and is a definite upgrade on welbz and his mobility and movement in behind suits our style better than OG. I’m all for it :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m on the fence at the moment, on one hand we could be potentially losing one of if not both Alexis and Öz and if that’s the case I’ll feel kinda meh about Laca leading the line but on the other hand Alexis & Özil might just sign da tings and if that does happen and we sign Lacazette aswell I’ll be absolutely buzzing mate.

3 Likes

24 starts as a CF.

The same RVP that was a left winger? Righto.