Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

after we lost our first game and Laca scored a hat-trick, the price will go higher???

This is the stupidity of Wenger. Penny pinches gets nowhere then itā€™s a desperate situation and he is shown up so people have him over a barrel. So all that penny pinching when he could have signed the player then fucks him in his ass because after this shit show the selling club will know itā€™s desperate times for us hike the price and knows that they have to pay the higher amount or fuck off. Itā€™s better to just pay early.

2 Likes

He had a whole summer to get this fix, to strengthen, but fucking busy with watching the Euros and Olympics, and jacking off in front of the balance sheet.

1 Like

If we like him enough to bid Ā£30m then just bid Ā£40m and get it over with. This is the mentality I struggle with. We spent fuck all last year, and havenā€™t spent much yet this summer, so what does it really matter if we spend ten million more on Lacazette than weā€™d ideally like to?! How is that not better than going into another season without adding to our centre forward options?

2 Likes

Is anyone sure that Lacazette wants to come to Arsenal? Lyon have a better shot to win their league compared to Arsenal.

Assuming of course, that Arsenal will bother to put in a bid that isnā€™t lowballing the selling club.

Lyon have a better shot to win their league compared to Arsenal.

Thatā€™s completely wrong. You know P.S.G. are walking the league once again.

Lets be honest Alex . You wanted to move and the club said no and spendthrift Arsene Wenger was in control of the purse strings . Go ahead get them 100 goals . Only good for second place in a second rate league . Someone get me some water these sour grapes are killing me :frowning:

1 Like

He will stay at least that way he will get Champions League football next season hahaha.

Genuinely not bothered whether he comes or not. Itā€™s not our attack that Iā€™m concerned about.

1 Like

Really?

So our attack is fine in your view? Is it the Liverpool game that makes you confident?

1 Like

I am worried about all of our team tbh. Bad defending is Arsenal DNA, the midfield even though we have a tonne of midfielders just evaporated yesterday and no one seems to know what the fuck they are doing. The attack we all know we need a decent striker and our attack is stale at the best of timesā€¦Jesus without going into a whole long post its just easier to say the whole squad looks a fucking shambles at the moment and I have no faith in any of them at the moment much less management.

Iā€™m quite happy with our entire squad.

I wish I could say the same of our manager.

Then youā€™re happy with a squad that will underachieve yet again.

Issues at the club are at least twofold, including the squad and manager.

1 Like

Sign Lacazette, Mahrez and Mustafi, and the fans will jump straight back on Wengerā€™s side.

Simples.

1 Like

I agree that weā€™ll underachieve. I simply disagree as to why we will :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure why you say youā€™re not happy with the manager and then also say youā€™re happy with the squad.

Especially since one of his biggest failings is not preparing the squad well enough with requisite signings to truly challenge for the league but OK.

No way am I against signing players at the moment but realistically, any signings we can or do make wonā€™t make up for Wengerā€™s shortcomings.

At the moment Iā€™d rather he not spend anything and be given a good send off in May than some how fluke a 2nd place finish again and be able to talk it up as progress, fooling the board into another contract renewal (although heā€™ll probably get one regardless :weary:).

Because I think the squad is good enough. I donā€™t even think we would challenge if we had brought another striker.

We got Asano who is 6 years younger and whose amortized cost of his contract here is only 1 million per year. Lacazette would probably cost us 8-10 million a year on a 4 year deal. Asano deal was a good deal that.