Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

If you want the player its obviously better to overpay because that way you get the player you want and the player you want is available to be used for selection in the football team you’re supposed to fucking managing.

4 Likes

Wenger doesn’t give a shit though, I always come back to the same analogy of someone who goes in to buy a car. If you fall in love with the car and act head over heels for it you are gonna get taken for every penny. If you are ready to walk out when thw dealership tries to fuck you and go back to your same old boring, yet functional vehicle, then eventually you are gonna get a smokin deal.

EVENTUALLY

1 Like

When does his contract expire? Arsene loves a sneaky free transfer.

Well, you know, that analogy is kind of a poor one. In fact, it doesn’t really apply at all simply because

• There are many dealerships selling that model of the car so you can go to another one if you don’t like the price one is offering it at
  • There are more than one cars out there of each model.

Imagine if there was only 1 dealer in the whole world who was selling that particular model, and imagine if he only had 1 such car and now imagine if there were multiple buyers with ready cash. Are you still going to be ready to walk out? I guess if you are Arsene, you are but then the dealership doesn’t lose out, your family does.

5 Likes

Well with things like Carmax and true car now that kind of pre-Internet mindset doesn’t really work anymore. Now you just go in and show them you app or they show you theirs and the price is the price because car dealers have learned that haggling and hassling isn’t good business both in terms of customer service and financially.

You can get much better deals than anything you see online if you know what you’re doing.

At a used car lot or the auction. Not from the dealership.

We’re not rocking up to the fucking ford dealership here, we’re buying lamborghinis and Ferraris (not quite zondas). They generally cost what they cost and the buyers don’t argue over the pennnies.

No that’s what I’m talking about, a brand new car from a dealership.

Or you walk out without a car.

With a brand new car you are gonna get laid a lot more etc so yeah I’m not defending the policies.

Let’s stop discussing this shit analogy that exists only to excuse our club’s pathetic transfer dealings.

11 Likes

So Özil and Sanchez aren’t even a bike in your estimation? Wow…

Different situations. Both Ozil and Sanchez were surplus because of the buys of Bale/Isco and Suarez. Real/Barcelona were probably more willing to sell, because of how many players they had and/or needed too finance those other buys.

Lyon is not in a position were they need too sell and can refuse any offer below their asking price.

They are still nice cars though regardless of how we got them.

But that same strategy you were going on about doesn’t always work…and you could miss out on players. That was the point.

I agree so you can’t really choose which players you want. You kinda get what’s available. That doesn’t mean good players don’t become available, however imo it does leave the team disjointed. As much as I love Özil our team isn’t exactly built to use him to his full capabilities.

That’s why you offer what Lyon wants for Lacazette, if you want him… He is actually available.

Any news about his injury?