Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Yea but if they can just coordinate so they have their hot streaks separately we’ll be grand

4 Likes

Both will probably score 3 goals each against an already relegated team on the last day of the season to comfortably secure our position of 4th/3rd/2nd in the table.

I wonder how long Wenger has been after Lacazette, and if he was Wenger’s first choice or near the bottom of his striker list?

Does Wenger actually have a plan when he goes into the transfer market, or does he just wait and see?

Because to wait four seasons for a player like Lacazette, who is potentially good, seems like quite a wait.

Imagine how long it would have taken if weren’t desperate.

1 Like

Sometimes you just new blood in the team, plain and simple. Giroud’s gone stale. That baron patch last season was just horrible viewing. Lacazette will bring some hunger up front, Like Welbeck did when he first joined - he was like a rabid dog chasing everything.

We need to keep turning over players to keep things fresh and keep the regulars on their toes. Elneny was also a good example when we started to look horrid in midfield, an average-to-good player came in and looked to improve us instantly.

1 Like

FWIW (which is nothing)

**Arsenal unlikely to improve £29m offer for Lyon striker Lacazette."

Quite right too.

What’s the hurry?
We’ve got loads of strikers that will do for this season.
We don’t need to pay Lyon what they want, just because they think he is worth that much.

Giroud scored a hat trick in the last game of the season, against a great Aston Villa side, so he is in great form.
We have signed one of the best young strikers in Japan, he can start as well.
Sanchez can play as a striker as well.
Walcott will want to prove he really is a great striker, so definitely include him, and then Welbeck will probably come back from injury quite quickly like most of our players do, and he will be like a new signing.

If you look at the facts we actually have too many strikers.

We don’t need Lacazette, I can’t believe why supporters think we do.

1 Like

Dude, was it sarcasm???

You are kind of right, we have enough strikers… in fact, we may have the longest list of strikers in the world.

Giroud, Welbeck, Theo, Akpom, Asano, Sanogoal, and Sanchez, Gnabry and Iwobi all “can” convert to strikers when needed.
Total 9 players

Quantity is there, what about the quality that Wenger keep mentioning??

1 Like

In fairness that’s quite a good list by most teams standards. We just lack that real top quality addition. I’ve always defended Wenger taking his time to get the right one, but it’s getting a bit stupid now. He really just needs to let himself get ripped off and just get someone in. If he’s willing to spend 27mil on Lacazette, then what’s another 5-10mil, in football terms its chump change.

2 Likes

Oh yes.

I found the headline that we won’t budge from £29m ridiculous.
Although it’s true we have plenty of strikers, we aren’t going to win the PL with any of them.

Lacazette might be world class but at least he’s different.
As a club we have gone stale, and anything will do, even if it is potential rather than established quality.

1 Like

I think Dean is full of shit. But, fwiw, he claims that we’re trying to land a big target and that we will sign Lacazette if it doesn’t work out:

Arsène is ready to convince Aulàs about Lacazette…

2 Likes

What big target is left?
Morata?

1 Like

Aubameyang?

2 Likes

Aubameyang

2 Likes

Lewandowski apparently. Having a wage fit with Bayern so probably going to use us to get a better contract like every other mother fucker on planet earth who knows how to kick a ball.

5 Likes

If Only Wenger could somehow get his grandma to retract her wishes.

Lewa? No chance of him leaving this late

It’s the word on the street tonight anyway. More than likely rubbish but I’ll take a little smidgen of misguided hope over watching Theo twat up easy counter attacks time and time again.

I think there might be truth to this. It just doesn’t seem quite right how quiet things have been even when there is obvious gaps and we can really easily afford a transfer like Lacazette. I have said this, that i reckon that Arsenal are trying to pull off a MAJOR transfer, I don’t know who it is (i reckon it is Griezmann or Lewandowski) but i think it is going to be very hard to pry them away, even if we are willing to pay the fee it might take a LOT of negotiations. I don’t know whether this will happen or not but to me this sounds quite plausible!

2 Likes

Call me when Pablo will tweet a serious thing and not an invention. ITKs, ITKs everywhere…

3 Likes