Alexandre Lacazette

Think I don’t like about that is your playing one of the top 10 strikers in the world out of position.

We can rotate them, tbh. Sometimes Auba, sometimes Laca to play on the wings. They would give the opponents no chance to mark them.

Is he in the French wc team?

He isn’t, but to be fair when you have attacking options of Mbappe, Griezmann, Dembele, Thauvin, Lemar, Fekir. and Deschamps favourite, Giroud, it’s difficult to get in that team.

What a surprise :xhaka:

Back up duty I think.

17 goal return in his first season is not bad at all. Why I want to keep him is the fact that his ability to hold the ball and make the pass seems to work really well with the pace and mobility of Aubameyang.

2 Likes

The role seems to suit him :joy:

That sort of return is the bare minimum you’d expect for a 50 million quid + striker.

Well considering he was injured and needed knee surgery and played for arguably the worst ever Arsenal team in the worst ever Arsenal season under Wenger of the last 20 years, I’d say he surpassed expectations.

4 Likes

He really didn’t

1 Like

Absolute massive call when some on here were predicting him to be in the golden boot conversation when he signed… By the way Auba scored like 11 in 13 in that same Wenger side.

True that’s a good point.

Personally I wasn’t expecting him to net more than 15, so I was pleased with 17

Since his surgery he has been quality bar the Atletico games where we really needed him to be more clinical.

If only Auba wasn’t cup tied for that tie, what might have been.

3-4 of Lacas goals were pens, which inflates his numbers

1 Like

So penalties don’t count as goals?

His games lasted an hour long for a good chunk of the season too which is something to consider.

Either way, I think it’s fair to say that none of us reckon he’s had time for proper judgement yet and with a new ideal in mind this season, I’d like to see what he potentially offers to this team. I only really see him leaving if we can swap him for a really good player or get at least more than we paid for him.

1 Like

Not really they’re freebies. Arteta wasn’t a great goal scorer for us because he netted pens

If Giroud had the penalties he’d have scored plenty more.

1 Like

I feel the same. Looking ahead to next season, in isolation if his cost, I think we have a great back up striker if we use him appropriately.

Should be starting in cup competitions where I think he can get 13+ at least