Alexandre Lacazette

It can be a blessing in disguise we don’t sign Auba, I think Lacazette in a more focused team now a certain Chilean has left and with 2 unreal creators like Ozil and Mkhi behind him he’s due a run of goals. Lacazette with a different cast around him is like a new signing :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Should play them together in a 4-3-1-2 formation.

Not signing a superior player to add tour team is in no way a blessing in disguise.

2 Likes

literally every post you make is utter tripe

He might bench Lacazette reverting him to EL games, or be played out wide, I don’t see them playing up front together as Arsenal haven’t played that system in years, and I don’t believe he’s a superior player, they’re about level Lacazette is very talented but younger so we should build around him instead of an almost 29 year old, I’d take him but I don’t see why we’re trying to fix what’s not broken up front with Auba

This is the same argument that ‘we shouldn’t buy Kante because Coquelin will step up to that level therefore we don’t need him’

it is total BS

get better players, end of story

3 Likes

Said the person that said they’d take Tony Pulis here? :joy:

7 Likes

Him being able to partner Auba was never in doubt. The only barrier is Wenger deciding to opt for any kind of formation that has two strikers. You could’ve made the same arguments for Giroud/Alexis, Giroud/Lacazette, etc.

1 Like

Their goal scoring records suggest one is the superior player. Trying to fix what isn’t broke upfront ? LOL we don’t have anyone in double figure goals in all comps this season.

4 Likes

We’re shit but it’s Lacazette’s first season and he’s done well, suits our style of play and performed in big games too. Auba is great but it’s too much of a short term signing to ruin a younger, similar level striker

Nah sorry you can’t say that someone who’s a CF at a top club has done well by scoring 9 in 25 games for us, you can say factors that have made him struggle but to suggest he’s done well is a big stretch.

4 Likes

He’s been subbed off pretty much every game early, playing with Iwobi and Welbeck made that drought he just ended look bad but before v Liverpool, Palace with Ozil, Alexis he got 3 assists so he can play well without scoring, you can’t just look at goals and say he’s bad, considering some factors I believe he’s done well for a first season

Forget being subbed his goals per minutes are well below the other top tier strikers.

1 Like

If he has done as well as alot of people on here expected we probs wouldn’t be trying to sign Auba.

Generally think it’s pretty funny the only thing people praise about Laca these days is his link up play which is massively overrated as is. It’s basic link up that you’d expect from a £50m+ striker

In terms of his current contribution so far there nothing Giroud couldn’t replicate if he was playing more often.

2 Likes

If we’re going to play 442 or 4312 I’d definitely take Auba, otherwise it doesn’t make a lot of sense

Says the guy that praises Giroud’s link-up play…

4 Likes

yeah

course it makes no sense to bring in world class players :face_vomiting:

Giroud’s link play is actually better than anything Laca can do and it’s been proven. Too many examples to cite over his time at Arsenal that he can do smart link up on a consistent basis and it working in conjunction with other key players the final third. Nobody can dispute this at this point unless you have an agenda :wink:

Let’s not forget the hold play and smart knock downs in the opposition’s box either

No can argue Giroud hasn’t been a quality target man for this club. ie that means holding up the ball well, winning aerial duels, great link up and the provision of an aerial threat

Lol what nonsense. Have a look at Giroud’s stats, it’s not hard to dispute that point or even debunk it. You’re not fooling anyone by posing your point as if it were some undeniable truth. We’ve all watched Giroud.

No point in arguing this as we’ve been through this, but Giroud’s link up play is best described by the word incompetence.

If people are over-praising Lacazette’s link up play now, it is probably because we became so accustomed to seeing Giroud at CF for years that Lacazette’s competence looks extremely surprising and novel.

3 Likes

One of the biggest myths in football, he’s near useless beyond his first touch.

4 Likes