Alexandre Lacazette

Thought he played very well. As Neville said on commentary the goals will come.

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m waiting.

He played well just not great. He actually holds the ball up well for a small guy. Still making good runs and sometimes our midfield are guilty of not picking him out.

2 Likes

His general play isnā€™t anything special at all, he strikes me as a more aware Welbeck. Without goals heā€™s putting soild 5.5/10 performances

1 Like

Lacazette is the best striker we could have right now both realistically and stylistically. Heā€™s a pure Arsenal CF. He does need to take these chances, but a large part of this run is confidence.

5 Likes

Laca missed some chances tonight that change the game. We still need that world class #9.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s a tad harsh

2 Likes

Not just harsh itā€™s agenda filled to the core.

6 Likes

Itā€™s ridiculously harsh lol

Havenā€™t seen any thing over the last couple of matches to warrant a higher score. The link up play has been entirely average. Heā€™s had his moments at times with smart interactions but equally lets himself down with poor passing and clear missreads. I think it something thatā€™ll improve overtime but I can only judge what I see.

@Hass No agenda whatsoever, itā€™s pretty clear heā€™s going to be our main striker for the next 4 seasons. I actually think heā€™s suffering from being at the bottom of a attacking three power dynamic, something theyā€™ll change once Alexis leaves

I want him to do well but that doesnā€™t mean he canā€™t be called out for lukewarm performances and a scoring drought when we paid a massive transfer fee mainly because of his finishing ability and efficiency infront of goal.

We didnā€™t sign him because heā€™s was a complete forward, heā€™s a poacher. If he starts scoring the rating easily becomes 7+/10 per match.

2 Likes

You canā€™t honestly be watching the games closely if you say that, his link up play is pretty damn good generally.

Recognize that he isnā€™t being asked to play his usual game, we are asking him to play with his back to goal often like Giroud and he still gives a good account in most cases.

1 Like

I think there are some reasonable comments in there, I had hoped for a bit more from him thus far like you and some others. But I stand by saying youā€™re being a bit harsh, but youā€™ll notice Iā€™m stopping short of stressing the point as much as others. I think his link up play has been better than you suggest for an example.

2 Likes

Fair view tbh,

All iā€™ll add is that Iā€™ve been quite ā€˜harshā€™ with all players brought here for a big transfers fee at one point or another, that includes Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka and Alexis. When big money is involved the expectations certainly increases for me personally.

2 Likes

To be fair Iā€™ll give you that lol. I wonā€™t pretend to remember solid examples of you doing so for each player, but that does ring true.

Should be putting some of the chances he got away

Now gone 8 matches without a goal, going to be scenes when he eventually finds the back of the net again.

1 Like

This is the most brain dead attack weā€™ve had in ages, especially on the counter. I counted at least 3 golden opportunities to score last night, that ended in our terrible players bumbling and fumbling the ball away. Laca isnā€™t excluded from that group of guys. I still want to give him time but he seems so mediocre to me.

2 Likes

Wenger doesnā€™t do him well by always subbing him. He destroys his confidence in this way.

1 Like

Subs Lacazette keeps Welbeck on

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

i swear wenger is purposefully trying to fuck this club now, i am sure of it. It is like he doesnt like what the club is doing as regards new scouts etc so he is being a cunt.

2 Likes