Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Don’t think it’s clear at all.

3 Likes

I’m not talking about your opinion, or mine, I’m talking about Wenger’s, as he’s the one who decides who is first choice. Bellerin went right back in the team and I’d bet large amounts he’ll continue to be.

Unless that’s what you meant, and you don’t think Bellerin is Wenger’s first choice.

Not his biggest fan but like many players who dont perform under Wenger, think he could develop under a better coach.
i could see Klopp get a tune out of him tbh and dont want to see that as Liverpool are a more direct rival to us now.

2 Likes

He didn’t, after we got demolished by Palace Bellerin got dropped and barely played until Chamberlain done his hamstring vs Southampton.

Bellerin’s Apps

Subbed on 89th min vs Middlesbrough
Subbed on 105th min vs Man City
Played full 90 vs Leicester
Subbed on 74th min vs Tottenham
Subbed on 83rd min vs Utd
Subbed on 35th min vs Southampton (Ox done his hammy)

If it wasn’t for that :point_up: Chambo probably would of had the Rwb spot on lock until the end of the season and rightly so especially after the way he performed vs City and Utd.

5 Likes

Would still piss me off though :poldi:

Just don’t see why anyone would want to sell a player who just had as solid as season as Ox did.

People just seem to have made their mind up that he is shit and don’t want to amend their judgement i guess.

He has been a revelation at wing back, and since then has been coveted by our fucking rivals no less, and until AMN develops, is pretty much our best utility player.

1 Like

Not everyone does want to sell him. But he too is going into the last year of his contract and he doesn’t seem to want to sign a new deal. We can’t have everyone leaving on a free next summer!

1 Like

He doesn’t score enough if we were to revert to a similar formation before 343. He’s an almost there talent, his path right now can skew either way. Does Arsenal offer him a considerable bump in wages on a 5 year contract or decide to cash in on a high and promote from within/buy (aha)?

He had a fantastic end to the season, still young enough to command a decent sum regardless of contract issues, English Internationl and has played on the biggest stage in football against elite teams. Drumming up interest from the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea should yield a tidy sum.

1 Like

If he is good enough for Chelsea, current champions, does that not indicate we should consider paying him more and retaining retaining him?

Will he be a nailed on starter for them though? It’s speculative at this point given Alex may have his own terms and how Conte would like to utilise him in his own system. I really don’t see him getting any time at CM at Chelsea.

We however have a talent like Reiss Nelson who I’d really like us to start nurturing into the team. Partly why I wouldn’t mind seeing Oxlade leave at this point.

I highly doubt he would be anything other than a Moses replacement tbh

1 Like

Considering he had possibly his best games for us at the end of last season, surely it’s worth keeping him.

We can’t sell arguably two of our better midfielders, Sanchez and Chamberlain in the same window, as well as not having Cazorla for most of the season.
It would leave us with Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott and Iwobi which is considerably poorer than we had last season.

If Conte, Klopp and Guardiola have all showed an interest in him, and Wenger himself obviously rates him, then why sell him.
He is not like Walcott or Ramsey, who are about as good as they are going to get.
He is still young enough to become a better player.
If he stays, I could see him having a very good season with us.

1 Like

Sanchez isn’t a midfielder.

So you keep saying.
But why is everyone talking about replacing him with Mahrez or Lemar who are midfielders?

He’s a midfielder on fantasy football :sunglasses:

1 Like

The general rule for football clubs is if you sell a player from your first team squad you’re allowed to buy another one :wink:

Say we don’t sell him, by your logic that would leave us with Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Iwobi and Oxlade-Chamberlain. Where is the change there? It doesn’t sound like anybody else is even willing to leave.

Straight up he’d take Moses place in a heartbeat.

No manager with half a brain will play Ox at CM. He is awful there. Beast at RWB though.

2 Likes

But it would mean replacing Sanchez, Cazorla and Chamberlain with at least equivalent players, which isn’t going to happen.
I think Chamberlain could be better than just a squad player and if given a proper run in the first team would be a success.

You’re clearly quite right, my bad. Funny how memory plays tricks on you

1 Like

Exactly. We would regret letting the Ox go.

1 Like