Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Was pretty awful tonight. Gave the ball away for fun

He played in CM and was appauling. Hopefully never gets used there for us. Different player at RWB.

Gonna be a fucking long summer

Love how they have a picture of him and Moses together.

Attribute players are a dime a dozen, heā€™s more than welcome to fuck off after a handful of games where heā€™s actually lived up to his original transfer fee and inflated wages.

7 Likes

Letā€™s be honest, even if heā€™s doing better than he was last year, heā€™s been nowhere near an irreplaceable player. Even if he ā€œcomes goodā€, heā€™s shown enough to suggest heā€™s never going to be a top player so if we got a decent fee I doubt losing him would be one of our bigger regrets.

9 Likes

Oh I thought he was supposed to be one of our most important players, better than Bellerin and our first choice out on the right now? :grin:

Yeah, to echo what others have said, heā€™s not irreplaceable. If i had to decide on his future, Iā€™d probably say ā€œstayā€ā€¦ but that decision would be on the same level as going out for ice cream: ā€œIā€™ll have the mint chocolate chip please?ā€ ā€œWeā€™re out of that oneā€ ā€œOK, Iā€™ll have caramel fudge insteadā€. Basically, if he leaves, Iā€™d struggle to be that bothered as there are many others around who are as good as, and better, than him.

1 Like

Iā€™d happily fuck Chambo off for 35-40mil especially when we could sign someone like Ricardo Pereira for nearly half the price (22mil release clause) and give the minutes the Ox might of got in central midfield to Maitland-Niles instead.

1 Like

Props for the completely absurd metaphor.

3 Likes

I would like him to stay, but if he wants to leave and we could get around 40 mil for him i wouldnā€™t complain.

Racist as well.

Why canā€™t he be pistachio or vanilla? Always chocolate or fudge.

3 Likes

:facepalm: what was that.

Way to leave out mango ice cream (poor Jade, her yellow people never get the recognition they deserve) and hazelnut (our resident apache Peruvian TheSpecialCnut will be indignant).

Oh, right, and yeah, Ox is doing us a favour in asking to fuck off, because Wenger is too attached to him/blind to know that he should.

1 Like

I agree.
But when has Wenger ever replaced a good first team player, with a better player?

If I thought he would, then I would have no problem selling Chamberlain.
But with so many of our better players rumoured to be leaving, then at some point they will need replacing with better or equivalent players.
That isnā€™t something Wenger does.

3 Likes

That is easily one of the most ignorant things you have ever said.

If there are ridiculous offers for him in the range of 30 - 40 million, I will be happy to let him go. He has had a good last few months with us but that sort of money on the table, itā€™s really a no-brainer. Having said that, my expectations from Arsenal over the next two seasons is just a top 4 finish. I donā€™t expect anything more from Wenger and so with that in mind, I donā€™t think the Ox will make a big difference either way.

Who would replace him with if he left? Mahrez?

It gives someone like Reiss Nelson a path to the first team whilst maybe signing another winger if Wenger feels it is needed.

Itā€™s true though, isnā€™t it?

No of course it isnā€™t. Hence why itā€™s ignorant.

Rather throwing out your insults and then repeating the insults, why donā€™t you just write a comprehensive list of all our best players we have sold and the equivalent or better players they were replaced by?