Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

1 Like

ā€œLexi close to signing new dealā€

Could be masterstroke of patience and resilienceā€¦ or failed overindulgence of poor performer that has a purple patch (small one at that)ā€¦

My heart says stay - I really love Oxā€¦ but my head tells me this will be another hanger-on that we are annoyed with 2-3 years from now.

1 Like

How can you not care. Weā€™ve never seen this level of confidence and consistency from the Ox before.

Heā€™s finally maturing and is going to be class next season. Especially if he is still tapping Perri

1 Like

Heā€™s pony. Wouldnā€™t care if we sold him tbh. Heā€™s had purple patches most seasons since heā€™s been here and then gone to pot again. Iā€™d like him to prove me wrong and be a solid player (English, yay!) but I doubt heā€™ll hold down that RWB slot for long.

4 Likes

People are talking the same way they did about Coq 2 seasons ago.
Hes trying hard and been effective but hes not got enough natural ability to go any higher and we need better.
We are deluding ourselves if we think this is that long talked about breakout season thats been mentioned each pre season.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really care that heā€™s signing a new contract but I guess itā€™s the pragmatic approach as we will probably see the back of Hector in a couple of seasons time.

Needs to cut out all this shit about moving into the center of the pitch, unless itā€™s in a utility capacity.

1 Like

Pleased if he signed a new contract, as i think he could turn a corner in his new role.

Liverpool are gonna bid 40M for him according to the Daily Comic (Star)

Scenes if thatā€™s true

I canā€™t even drive but I would drive him straight up to Liverpool if this is true

Reject

If that were true, and we reject it, we are knobs.

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving him at RWB but thatā€™s nearly half of Mbappeā€™s fee right there.

They can have Walcott if they wantā€¦

1 Like

Oh, weā€™re knobs. Wenger is far too stubborn to sell Ox.

1 Like

Yeah, he is a Liverpool fan as well, if my memory serves me right.

1 Like

When have we ever sold a player and reinvested that money in a top top player? Never. I rather keep Ox.

4 Likes

We havenā€™t sold a player for a substantial sum of money since the supposed financial restrictions we operated under ended with the Ozil signing. So itā€™s hard to say but Iā€™m very certain that money would go towards transfers in the current climate.

Ah money, the one thing we arenā€™t short ofā€¦

Selling Ox would be pretty dumb at this stage imo.

1 Like

I would hope you are right, but I still think Ox is way down on the list of players we should be selling. Guys like Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Wilshere (for injury reasons mainly) is who we should be getting off the books. Ox is one of the best dribblers in the league, is versatile, improved his crossing and overall end product, and is one of the leaders of the team. No way should we sell him, especially to a top 4 rival.

1 Like