Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Look at you throwing around cognitive biases Mr “I’ve got better things to do with my time than do a quick Google search to back up my spurious claims”

He’s done it far more regularly this season though. 6 goals and 8 assists off about 2400 minutes is pretty good.

Actually I think assists per minute he ranks 3rd in the PL this season.

As a homegrown player of which we need 8 of, no theres isn’t anyone better that’s available who can play wingback, wing and midfield.

Obviously I have no idea whether these rumors are true but I’m getting really pissed off with our players having a few half decent performances then wanting away. It seems to happen far too often and with Arsenal seemingly incapable of persuading anyone half decent to stay (or even getting respectable transfer fees), there’s a certain foreboding inevitability around any rumour I see.

Maybe I feel like this because we struggle to attract real (replacement) talent, or that AW can’t seem to motivate players (heard it all before I suppose) or perhaps the players themselves believe the unwavering, often unwarranted praise heaped upon them by the manager after virtually every game.

I have no idea, and I’m not even necessarily against selling Ox per se. That said, I would want a good fee and proper replacement…which won’t happen…hence my point.

It’s probably the same for fans of other clubs but then again I don’t give a shit about them. Better get lubed I suppose.

3 Likes

If we are going to keep either Walcott or Chamberlain, then Chamberlain would be the player to keep.

He is younger, with potential and has proved he can be an influential player.
If he can get some consistency he could be a regular first team player.

Walcott is as good as he is going to get and we could still get around 25-30m for him.
As he is a Liverpool supporter, perhaps we should persuade Klopp that he is the player for them.

2 Likes

Don’t blame Oxlade working with Klopp is so much better than Wenger. I would leave in seconds if I heard Klopp wanted me to get away from Wenger.

Out of all our players Özil seems the most likely to stay as he’s comfortable with Wenger.

This would be the most arsenal thing ever.

Wait for them to come good and then ship them off to a rival for a cut price after they finally become a player worth keeping after putting up with them underperrorming for years.

1 Like

Ive been accepting till now but will genuinely fucked off if we let Ox go to Liverpool.

We wont replace him. Bellerin is not a better RWB (but a better RB)

I remember reading that Klopp is a big admirer of Chamberlain, and Guardiola likes him as well.
I’m not sure Liverpool need another player like him, I would have thought a striker would be more of a priority for them, and a decent CB.
So, unless Coutinho is going to a big European club, which has been rumoured, then I don’ see him going there.

But, like @Christo says, it would be typical for us to sell a player we have invested a lot of time in, to start performing at the top level, only for us to sell him.

I think it’s agent talk to get a bigger contract. I mean if City or United or Chelsea were in for him I could believe it but Liverpool? Less desirable city and we can pay higher wages. He also isn’t necessarily starting there.

And yet he would not finish above us.

Has anyone mentioned Oxs ceiling yet? :gunnersaurus:

Nope. No ceiling fans here.

3 Likes

Looks like some sort of muscular injury for the Ox, hopefully he’s fit for the FA cup final.

1 Like

agreed actually. Very good suggestion, we see this happen a LOT.

Just came in to say his crossing has improved a bucketload. There was a time when his crosses were fuckig shit but he has had many assists from them recently.

2 Likes

Apparently has a hamstring injury that could see him miss the cup final. Couldn’t have come at a worse time if reports are legit.

Wenger said he shouldn’t be in danger. Fingers crossed, as he is one of our key players atm.

Well well well, worried about Ox missing out due to injury? How the mighty have fallen :grin:

2 Likes