Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Guess Klopp would play him as CM, the position where he does better. Wenger just fucking uses him on the wings everytime, unless all our CMs are injured.

You canā€™t, because the rule is to have 8 homegrowns into the 25-men list for the Premier League.

This season Arsenal registered Welbeck, Walcott, Oxlade, Ramsey, Jenkinson, Martinez, Gibbs and Coquelin for the A list and BellerƬn and Iwobi for the B list (U21 players).

Next season BellerƬn will be into the A list because isnā€™t an U21 now.

A good few years before the real transfer fee inflation kicked in too lol

Not to mention the cloning technology just isnā€™t there yet.

2 Likes

Is there anything to seriously suggest itā€™s Liverpool? Aside from rumours in the past making us assume it must be them?

I reckon itā€™s West Ham tbh

Liverpool itk has said they have signed him.

Just got to wait and see if heā€™s correct.

9 Likes

While Iā€™m not Oxā€™ biggest fan and Iā€™d be happy if he left, I reckon the club would not be stupid enough to sell him to Liverpool, but at least made clear that he joined someone else.

Donā€™t really get the problem with him joining Liverpool.

For me he doesnā€™t get into the attack ahead of Firmino, Mane, Coutinho, Lallana and he doesnā€™t get into the midfield ahead of Henderson, Can, Milner. And even if he can get in it, I doubt very much that he improves it without a lot of personal development (which could happen).

Iā€™d rather he went there for 30m than somewhere else for 20m.

Just because heā€™s put together 5 decent games as a midfielder this season doesnā€™t mean heā€™s suddenly a top midfielder. Heā€™s been pretty mediocre for at least two years now.

If heā€™s the easiest one to sell then sell him. The only way weā€™re going to get the required amount of new blood in is if players leave. Iā€™d happily see Ox and Ramsey force their way out this summer even if other players have to stay.

6 Likes

Milner isnā€™t a midfielder for them, isnā€™t he? He can be great for them in that power football of Klopp I feel. They are also a bit thin. He can play winger and box2box for them. I think he can do a lot for them if he gets his shit together.

Scousers donā€™t rate him as a source, say heā€™s been wrong about nearly everything

The Ox has had 6 seasons at Arsenal now and just hasnā€™t become the player weā€™d hoped, probably best for him and us he moves on if we get a decent fee. Iā€™d rather him stay over Theo and Ramsey though.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in 2 minds on Chamberlain. In the past we can always say his pace and dribbling was elite and his decision making and final ball were piss poor. However this season heā€™s averaging in the CL/PL a goal or assist every 182 minutes, which includes 4 games heā€™s played in the middle. Heā€™s also looked to add dynamism when he played in the middle for us. Heā€™s also only 23

The other factor is if he goes and either Ozil or Alexis goes, it mean we need 2 extra attacking players and itā€™s highly unlikely we get 2 better than Ox. If Ozil leaves Chamberlain as the number 10 is something that might work.

This sounds to me like you are over rating Oxlade Chamberlain, because I donā€™t think it would be that difficult to find players better than him.

Not sure Iā€™d go as far as to describe anything he does as being ā€œeliteā€ either, but maybe Iā€™m just being pedantic with your wording.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always rated Chamberlain as an impact player, but he never seems to have the concentration needed over 90 mins.

Personally Iā€™d keep him, but as he wants to go just let him go.

1 Like

Thereā€™s not that many players that go on runs and skin players like Ox. Granted his decision making is often dreadful but if he ever sorted that out weā€™d have a serious player on our hands. There are signs that this year heā€™s improving his decision making and end product. He also seems more at home in the centre and adds dynamism in midfield.

If we got 35m it sounds like good business for the current player. But a 23yo might just push on to be a very good player in which case Iā€™m unsure if itā€™s good business.

And then you have to talk about other players we should probably be scrapping. Wilshere is the new Diaby and Ramsey is a squad player level and thinks heā€™s better than he is. Jenkinson needs to be moved on. Thereā€™s talk of Perez leaving. We do need a big shake up though and different players coming in.

Best wing back in the league :sunglasses:

2 Likes
1 Like

Even when heā€™s good heā€™s terribly frustrating.

1 Like

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/854081132870217731/pu/vid/1440x720/UjbEV045S635hZw1.mp4

Spoke very well here. Fair play

10 Likes