Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

After the Suarez saga there’s no chance anyway that we’re going to sell them one of our players. It would be interesting though if one of the smaller clubs came asking, like Southampton or Everton. They’d still be able to pay a fair price and his chances of succeeding would probably be higher too as he wouldn’t be too limited in playing time.

Not that he’s going to move clubs though. That new contract will be signed in the next couple of months.

Burgundy I think did, and iirc we’re one over and I think Bellerin and maybe Holding (or someone else) will have to be registered in the 25 man squad next season so we could safely sell a HG I think.

1 Like

Would they want him back? And would he want to? He might see it as a backwards step to go to the club he started at.

Although I don’t particularly rate him, I wouldn’t want to sell him to a rival. Just the principle of it. We shouldn’t help them.

Selliong Ox helps US which is what we should be concerned about

getting a large lump of cash for our 5th choice player
create a squad opening (so we can buy a better player)

Oxlade is hardly going to help Liverpool , he won’t be a starter there either

coz he’s shit

1 Like

He should go. Wenger hasn’t the best track record with developing British youngsters :laughing:.

Oxlade is our resource, I want to keep him. If he wants to leave our club, he should try to convince a foreign club. The time when we sold our players to the rivals is finally miles away.

I’d imagine that any club at their size would at least be monitoring Ox’ situation. Not that I know for sure but they are hardly sitting on enough quality to not at least try. Also if Ox wants to go back to them will hardly depend on if he really wants to but on the best options he’ll have and if his future isn’t any longer at Arsenal I’d say Southampton wouldn’t be too bad. Being English and all that he’s also not going to go abroad, which drastically cuts down on his options.

Agreed. Wouldn’t want to sell him to a rival and much less to Liverpool. They’re not going to give us anything in return.

good luck with that

like most of what you say this is BS, for many years, long before you were interested in English football, players moved between clubs, there’s nothing to stop it

only LFC/MUFC and AFC/THFC are generally regarded as no go moves because of rivalry, LFC is not a ‘rival’ of AFC it’s just a club in our division

I say again, we sell our SHIT 5th choice player and use the money to partly pay for a really good player = GOOD for US and SHIT for LFC

i mean, Man U sold Welbeckto us because they didn’t think he was GOOD ENOUGH for them

We should use same criteria - are the players (Ox) good enough for US? If the answer is ‘NO’ then we should just get the best deal we can, all this bollocks about selling to ‘rivals’

We aren’t talking about Alexis here - it’s Alex Oxlade Chamberlain

1 Like

Selling Ox would be a positive move. I always assumed it would be Theo though.

Of course they are :disappointed: he’s shit.

5 Likes

yes indeed, we’ll be lucky to find a buyer

West Ham move and we get Payet. Everybody wins tbh.

Part from West Ham and Ox, but fuck them.

1 Like

Image Chamberlain doing a Milner or Firmino, lol.

Klopp already said the rumor is “nonsense”.

Ox will stay with us… and no need for any new hope or imagination :frowning:

he probably watched the recent game vs Man City

Chamberlain would be lucky to sign for a League 1 side based on his performance alone in that game

1 Like

Managers will most likely deny until it’s practically over the line.

I can’t see Wenger letting him go though, doesn’t want that egg on his face.

If we are talking another player, that’s possible
Ox??? I don’t think Klopp is that dumb.

I’d be bloody celebrating if we got £30+ million for him and I’d be pleased that Wenger for once sold one of our worst players for more than he’s worth rather than one of our best for less