Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

I wouldn’t mind if he went to City for 25m. Good deal but he’ll get to show his world class potential elsewhere.

World class at what, running down blind alleys?

What’s actually hilarious is that if he went to City not only would his chances to win an EPL medal increase but ours would too.

3 Likes

Considering this season, City’s would go up and ours would go down.

How exactly do you figure that?

I think if he went to City he would have a rude awakening as Pepe would sit him down and tell him a few home truths . He would know exactly what he had to do and where to be. At Arsenal it appears he is left to fart around and never works on his faults.

3 Likes

Of all the top clubs, United would suit his play style most. Looks like he’s been coached very poorly up until now though which will hamper him for the rest of his career. Attributes without education and guidance leads to brainless footballers.

1 Like

I’m sure Wenger is aware that our depth on the wings is not great (Iwobi, Ox, Theo, possibly Ramsey’s new position etc), but he builds from the back. Once we got the £££ again we got goal keepers, CBs, CMs and strikers and I strongly agree that it is the correct prioritisation over wingers. Maybe by now (bar the odd other reinforcement) he is looking to improve the wings, but building from the back has really given us the defensive stability we lacked for many years.

Remember when we played Aluminium, Traore, Djourou and Kos I think and lost 8-2 at OT (or forget it, rather), Silvestres, Squillacis, Senderos’s, we needed to get rid of that crap first, and since we started shopping (the past 3 seasons) we’ve replaced nearly our entire Back 5 including their replacements, and we’ve been within 1-4 goals conceeded from the winners of the league each season.

With limited spending we have to do it in some order and most managers would’ve (correctly imo) left wingers til last. And we still need to keep the HG quota in mind (even though as Burgundy correctly pointed out, we are one over, with a few players like Bellerin and Holding turning 22 and will take slots in the upcoming squad).

someone on TV mentioned the sum of £50 million for him

That surely cannot be right given he is fucking useless, but IF any mugs are prepared to pay anywhere north of £30 million we should rip their bleeding arms off

If it is really £50m, I will also give them Iwobi/Theo for free.

Why Iwobi?

No need to have a deep discussion… I just think he is not good enough and nothing special.
Lucas Perez is not world class, but I admit he is a much better player and deserves more playing time.

1 Like

:xhaka:

Iwobi is 20 years old and an impressive prospect. One of the only promising young talents in the set up. To write him off at this stage is rather daft. What we shouldn’t be doing is placing so much responsibility on him at this stage of his career.

You can say I am going for extreme, but I don’t believe Iwobi is going to take us anywhere, at least in the next few years.

He is playing okay and had some decent games… exceptional? raw dropping? No. He is a 20 year old like you said.

With that 50m (that’s where the discussion and opinion started), I want an immediate upgrade, a player or two that can make the immediate impact and improvement to the team. The more Ox/Iwobi that we have, Wenger had to give time to them, concern their development more than the actual results of the senior team.

Imagine when Welbeck comes back, how crowded our wide position would be? Who will be the first one get benched (or loaned out) ?? Iwobi.

So essentially what you’re saying is get rid of Iwobi so that Wenger doesn’t have the option of selecting him as an important first team option.

How about we keep one of our only promising young talents and actually purchase a high calibre wide midfielder to shoulder the main responsibility instead? Wouldn’t that be the more logical and beneficial outcome?

This all boils down to the decision-making of the manager.

Of course I don’t mind to “keep” him, if our manager knows whom he should keep and whom he should loan out, and when to rotate and when to keep the starting 11.

Sell Ox and send him away as a freebie was just a joke… what I really meant was we don’t and we cannot rely on mediocre players and inexperienced players anymore. You know Wenger, he has too many players need to take care of.

on Oxlade-Chamberlain…
It’s not very bad. It’s a question of days rather than weeks.

Only a minor injury for Ox :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh good now I will be able to get some sleep at night.

1 Like

WTF? Who is their Chief Football Writer, a monkey? :joy:

1 Like